About the role
Work for an innovative mental health program, which provides Recovery-focused holistic mental health support and interventions for older adults in the community and residential aged care facilities.
Stepped Care for Older Adults (SCOA), is a mental health program for adults 65 years and over (50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) with mild to moderate mental illness, at risk of developing a mental illness, or experiencing social isolation and loneliness. The program operates throughout Melbourne’s north western region including Darebin, Moreland, Brimbank, Hume, and Melton.
This Senior Mental Health Clinician role is part of a multidisciplinary team and will undertake senior clinical and general duties to ensure the provision of high quality, biopsychosocial services to address mental health care of clients. The role will be key in providing nurse-focused clinical expertise to team members.
- Merri Central, Brimbank, other worksites as required
- Full time/fixed-term
- Access to work laptop and mobile
Your new role
As a senior clinician with psychiatric nursing background you will be responsible for:
– Providing Recovery-focused, client-centred, evidence-based clinical oversight of all clients by completing client triage, assessments, and reviews
– Champion and apply use of the National Initial Assessment and Referral approach based on the industry’s Guidance and Implementation Toolkits
– Deliver formal and informal mental health secondary consultations regarding diagnostic assessments, medication awareness, psychoeducation, effects of physical health conditions on mental health, risks, feedback on process considerations, and treatment planning
– Provide formal clinical supervision to team members where appropriate
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
– Bachelor Degree in Psychiatric Nursing or equivalent; or, Bachelor Degree in Nursing plus a postgraduate qualification in Psychiatric Nursing
– Demonstrated experience in providing high quality clinical care to older adults with mental health concerns
– Demonstrated experience in providing clinical expertise to a multidisciplinary team in a professional and respectful manner and contribute towards team clinical development
– Foster a positive team environment, which committed to continuous learning
– Excellent interpersonal skills and highly developed communication (written and verbal) skills
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
Operationally, you will be collaborating with the team leader on the programs’ operational function and assist with ongoing reports, evaluation, and any reporting requirements. You will also provide ongoing support and assistance to the team in the development and maintenance of professional standards.
How to apply
What you need to do now
If this position captures your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you would like to review the position description or have any questions about the role please refer to our Career Portal for further information.
Merri Health will only accept applications that are submitted via our Career Portal.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, disability worker exclusion scheme check and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.
Please quote in application: Mental Health Nurse / Senior Clinician (Psychiatric Nurse) via Pro Bono Australia.