About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Part Time (60.8 hours per fortnight), Max Term (until 30 June 2022)
- Exciting, newly created role
About the opportunity
This exciting, newly created role will bring lived experience and a consumer perspective to the Families@Home program; in particular to its program planning, logic and service delivery.
The role will also develop a variety of avenues for consumers and people with lived experience of family violence to participate in; including a Mentoring program and other consumer led groups/activities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant human service qualification is required, in psychology, social work, community services or equivalent.
- Have a lived experience of family violence with an understanding of the complexity of family violence issues and impacts.
- Experience in training, group work.
- Experience in managing and supporting volunteers/mentors is desirable.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills .
- Demonstrated understanding of family violence and the impacts of violence on women and children.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications will close on Tuesday 11 May 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Kayti Franklin – Team Leader, Families@Home on 0428 205 665
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Mentoring Peer Worker via Pro Bono Australia.