About the role
Unison is seeking to recruit a new Board member who can support the organisation to realise its
vision and mission at a time of significant growth.
The person we are seeking will be able to demonstrate:
- high integrity, discretion and sound judgement
- open-mindedness, curiosity to understand the perspective of others, and ability to engage in
robust discussions constructively
- expertise in :
– non-profit governance; direct experience with a medium to large not-for-profit
organisation would be advantageous
– risk management
– finance with a high level of financial literacy
– audit processes
- an ability to process and interpret complex information
- a passion for working with disadvantaged groups in an empowering and effective way
- familiarity with the not for profit environment
- alignment with Unison’s values
Appointments are typically for three years, and directors are eligible for re-appointment for
The Unison Board meets eight times a year on weeknights and the Finance, Audit and Risk
Committee meets five times a year on weekdays.
Unison values diversity and welcomes people of any culture, ethnic background, religion, age,
gender, sexual orientation and ability to use our services and apply to join our Board.
This is a voluntary role.
About the organisation
Unison is a non-for-profit organisation that provides affordable housing, and works to reduce
disadvantage and social exclusion for people who have previously been homeless, by helping to
create communities around them.
Unison is Victoria’s largest community housing provider and assists over 3,300 people each year who
are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
How to apply
Please send a CV and letter outlining your interest in the role and the skills and experience you
would bring to Unison and your interest in assisting our organisation’s tenants and clients to
Any queries about the role can be directed to Celine Savage, Company Secretary, at
For more information about the organisation, please refer to unison.org.au
Please quote in application: Non Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.