About the role
We’re looking for a professional Office Coordinator with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a Permanent Full-Time basis, working 38 hours per week based in Preston.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The NDIS Services division comprises of Local Area Coordination (LAC) and Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) services. The Brotherhood of St Laurence is a partner in the community delivering LAC and ECEI services in five areas across metropolitan Melbourne.
The Office Coordinator is responsible for providing professional and efficient administration support and customer services through ensuring quality and reliable systems and procedures are developed in order to support team members based at the office. This position will act as the first point of contact for callers and visitors to the office, providing a positive, professional and welcoming environment.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of the Local Area Coordination program, operational policies and all aspects of the work performed within the department
- Act as the first point of contact for the site in relation to building maintenance and facilities, ICT, room bookings, event management, OHS, emergency procedures and managing shared spaces and equipment
- Coordinate all invoicing and credit card reconciliations for the Senior Manager and ensure correct coding and appropriate authorisation as per the approval limit
Salary will be in the range of $64,624 – $69,287 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation and salary packaging.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for an Office Coordinator who has the following key skills and experiences:
- relevant experience in providing a broad range of administration and office support
- proven experience in coordinating office activities on a day to day basis as well as focus on delivering high level customer service
- well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Customer service focused
- Highly-developed administration, computer skills and competency in Microsoft Program
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Bridie Shea on 03 8681 2510 for a confidential discussion.
To review the Position Description and address the Key Selection Criteria, please click here.
Applications close: Sunday 18th April at 11:55pm
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Office Coordinator - Darebin/Yarra via Pro Bono Australia.