About the role
- Part-time (0.6), fixed-term opportunity (30/6/2024) based in Campbelltown, NSW
- SCHADS level 2.3, schedule B ($30.19 per hour)
- Join a life-changing program to support carers, our unsung heroes, to be the best version of themselves whilst caring for others
- Utilise your valuable lived experience in the workplace to support and motivate others
About the role
At Wellways we understand and value all varieties of lived experience, it is with the utmost pride that we get to share, see and experience the unique impacts that lived experience brings whilst working with and supporting others.
Your role is to intentionally draw on your own lived experience as a carer to support the learning of others, utilising the principles of family orientated practice, including effectively communicating the challenges and experiences that contribute to carer wellbeing and a meaningful life. You will be delivering the new Carer Gateway In-person Peer Support programs and carer information sessions within the community.
This is a mobile role working within the community, frequent local travel is required to Wellways offices and partner organisations.
- Join a brand-new program and supportive team
- Opportunity to be nominated as a ‘champion’, with the chance to deliver facilitator and volunteer training and support at a local level
- Fortnightly pay
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
Skills and essential requirements:
- Lived experience as a carer
- Understanding of the caring role and evidence based, best practice carer supports that enable carers to sustain in their caring role and enhance their own wellbeing and identity
- Understanding of the impacts of stigma and the subsequent effect this has for individuals, families and the broader community
- Deep understanding of how the unique capacities of a peer educator contribute to the carer services’ programs objectives
- Effective communication in delivering information in specific regional and community settings
- Current valid Driver’s Licence and own vehicle/way of transportation
Pre-employment compliance requirements:
- Evidence of working rights within Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check
- Working with Children Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-forworkers/training-course
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
About the organisation
Established in 1978 by families advocating to improve the services and support to people with mental health issues, Wellways are a leading not-forprofit mental health and disability organisation with a team of over 2,000 people across 93 sites, operating throughout Queensland, New South Wales,
the Australian Capital Territory, Victoria and Tasmania. All Wellways services are committed to community inclusion, ensuring all the people we serve have opportunities to fully participate in the community, without stigma and discrimination.
About Carer Gateway Services
Wellways Australia is the first point of contact for all Australian Government Carer Gateway funded services in South West Sydney, Nepean Blue Mountains and across Queensland, aiming to help carers access practical information and advice and connect with services in their local area. Carer supports and services will be delivered using a network of local Carer Gateway service providers Carers and those who provide a caring role to someone in their life who has a disability, mental health issue, chronic health
condition, terminal illness or are frail aged. Carer Gateway services will be available to all carers from 6 April 2020.
How to apply
To apply for this job go to: https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code:
If you think you're a good fit, please apply via our website with a one page cover letter by 20th of June.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact: Bradley Buckland, on 0435 030 590
Applications close 30th April 2021
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Please quote in application: Peer Educator via Pro Bono Australia.