About the role
A great opportunity exists for an experienced Policy & Advocacy Manger to contribute to the further development and promotion of emergency medicine policy and advocacy initiatives.
Reporting to the General Manager, Policy and Regional Engagement, the role requires you to lead a team to develop, disseminate and implement policy and projects related to the practice of emergency medicine and related health issues and systems in Australia and New Zealand, in line with the strategic direction and business plans of ACEM.
To be successful in this role, it is critical that you have demonstrated health policy experience, effective leadership/mentoring skills and excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills.
This is a permanent full-time position; however, we will consider part-time (0.8FTE) applications for the right candidate.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in public health, public policy or a related discipline.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills to identify problems and solutions in a range of policy and advocacy environments.
- Knowledge of policy, legislative or political processes as they relate to the health sector.
- Working knowledge / understanding of government decision making processes, formal and informal.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to prepare policy and position statements, policy briefs and background analyses based on critical appraisal of information and published research from a diverse range of sources.
- Well-developed engagement and consultation skills including the ability to identify and liaise with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
About the organisation
About the College
The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) is a not-for-profit organisation responsible for the training, assessment and continuing professional development of emergency physicians as well as the advancement of professional standards in emergency medicine in Australia and New Zealand.
We are a specialist medical College of over 120 employees with a strong purpose, positive environment and a CEO and Executive leadership team who lead our commitment to supporting our membership, staff and values of Equity, Respect, Integrity, and Collaboration.
What's on Offer
ACEM offers excellent staff benefits including:
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible work arrangements and rostered days off
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Active corporate social responsibility including Casual Friday Charity and Community Week
- Ongoing employee development and training
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy & Advocacy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.