About the role
Location: Turner, ACT
- Excellent opportunity with a well-respected national organisation
- Full-time (or part-time) positions
- Competitive remuneration with FTE salary range $70,000 to $75,000 (salary commensurate with skills, knowledge and experience), plus super, plus salary packaging options
- Fixed term 12 months (with possible extension)
- Supportive, family-friendly work environment
Reporting to the National Director, Policy & Strategy, you will provide support in the implementation of strategic policy and advocacy initiatives and priorities to position Carers Australia as a respected national leader in representing and advocating on behalf of carers. You will also undertake research and policy review, assist in the development of written material including submissions and reports, and provide Secretariat support to various Carers Australia Committees.
To be considered, you will hold relevant tertiary qualifications in a related discipline (eg. social work, public policy or social science) and / or substantial experience in providing secretariat support and the development of policy. Importantly, you will have strong organisational and interpersonal skills and be able to consult and work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll possess well developed research skills, with the ability to undertake literature reviews and other research methodologies. Alongside this you will possess excellent written communication and problem solving skills. Equally, you’ll be able to prioritise your workload to manage your time effectively and achieve outcomes within agreed timeframes. Excellent computer skills are essential.
It is a requirement you have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Registration.
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with a competitive salary range $70,000 to $75,000 full-time equivalent (salary commensurate with skills, knowledge and experience), plus super. Salary sacrificing options are also available to increase your take-home pay.
For further information please contact Kelly Gourlay, National Director, Policy & Strategy, Carers Australia, phone (02) 6122 9900.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workplace.
About the organisation
Carers Australia is the national peak body representing Australia’s unpaid carers, advocating on their behalf to influence policies and services at a national level.
Our vision is an Australia that values and supports the contribution that carers make both to the people they care for and to the community as a whole.
Our Primary Objectives
- To advocate for policy and service actions that support the caring role and enhance the health, wellbeing, resilience and financial security of Carers;
- To advocate for the inclusion of Carers as a priority group within mainstream and specialist service programs;
- To advocate to have caring recognised as a shared responsibility of family, community, business and government with the aim of achieving improved outcomes for carers;
- To undertake other policy, advocacy and service actions which the Board considers to be of benefit to Carers.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy Officer (2 positions) via Pro Bono Australia.