About the role
Job no: 0051453
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
Salary: $93,935 – $101,684 pa
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional – Full time – 17% super
- Are you passionate about sustainability and the environment?
- An exciting opportunity to shape a new student leadership program
- Support the next generation of global sustainability leaders
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, we are globally engaged; comprehensive; research-intensive; and committed to responding to the major challenges of our time.
The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (FEIT) is strongly committed to supporting diversity and flexibility in the workplace. Improving the representation of women is necessary in our goal to innovate and to strengthen FEIT’s reputation as a best-in-class centre of research.
About the Role:
Commencing in 2021, the Wattle Fellowship: Leaders for Global Sustainability is a University-wide flagship program to foster student leadership. The program will offer an enrichment and leadership development program for 20 students from all disciplines across the University. This will equip students with the knowledge and resources to undertake a sustainability project.
You will play a key role in the delivery of this fellowship program working closely with the Director, Wattle Fellowship.
The successful candidate will provide program and stakeholder management to support the Director and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations including leading on fellow recruitment and selection, communications and marketing, event management and student/alumni engagement.
As a member of the team, the Program Coordinator will contribute to developing an inclusive and tight-knit community among the fellows and with the broader University community. They will help to design the programmatic offering (of transformational in-person and online learning journeys) to further develop the fellows into sustainability leaders.
You will be capable of bringing the following expertise to your role:
- Delivering projects with a focus on leadership development, student engagement and/or sustainability issues.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and interpersonal communications; ability to tailor information to different audiences; ability to craft and implement communication and marketing plans.
- Project management experience, organisational skills and resourcefulness to handle challenging priorities, event management and consider risks and budgets to deliver our team achievements in a dynamic environment.
- Capability to initiate, lead and maintain professional and collaborative relationships with both internal and external partners from a wide range of sectors.
- Capability to optimally support and work with students.
- The appointee will have a university qualification in a relevant field and relevant professional experience, and/or a relevant combination of experience and training.
It would be favorably viewed if you were additionally able to bring some of the following to your role:
- Experience in the delivery or facilitation of student learning journeys and enrichment initiatives that promote participation and leadership.
- Knowledge and experience within the sustainability sector and issues.
- Has a track record of community building and management.
- Experience in supporting partnership management, business development and/or philanthropic initiatives
What we offer you
We offer flexibility, whatever that may mean for you. Many of our benefit programs and onsite amenities are aimed at supporting you – including generous leave, childcare subsidies, discounted parking, medical and health care. We offer extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, and we’ll support you in doing what you love.
We seek to increase the diversity of our workforce and the representation of all members of our community that have been traditionally under-represented.
If you’re curious, motivated and ready to undertake a meaningful and rewarding role we’re ready to meet you.
Position Description – see attached
About the organisation
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning and teaching and engagement. It’s consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 31 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021).
How to apply
How to Apply
Apply online, complete the application and upload your Cover Letter; attach a document addressing all selection criteria; and
attach your Resume.
While we review your application, get to know us by visiting http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-mse/why-join-mse
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Please quote in application: PROGRAM COORDINATOR, WATTLE FELLOWSHIP via Pro Bono Australia.