About the role
Playgroup Australia (PA) is the national representative body for the Playgroup movement in Australia. They advocate and work in collaboration with government, non-government and community agencies in relation to policy, programs and activities that support and strengthen families and communities.
Playgroup Australia funds state and territory organisations to deliver supported and community playgroups and play based events through several funding streams.
They support their member organisations in each state and territory by maintaining a national community playgroup approach to policy, promotion and profile, and ensuring national consistency in playgroup practice and outcomes models.
Benefits & Culture
- Work with creative colleagues who are committed to the sector
- Full time permanent role, with funding provided for 5 years
- Based in vibrant, inner north Canberra
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the primary function of the Program Manager is to coordinate and drive the implementation of national programs of work, across a range of internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for working collaboratively with state and territory offices, government representatives and sub-contractors to:-
- Develop standardised templates to collect and capture complex program data
- Manage the Community and Parenting Support contract, delivered by multiple parties
- Ensure government and contractual targets are met and exceeded
- Provide regular program reports and develop a program risk register
You’re currently working in a community driven or early years’ organisation and have experience of managing national programs and contracts. Overall you have the ability to:-
- Build and nurture relationships with senior stakeholders, members and government
- Coordinate and lead cross functional team meetings to ensure adherence to contracts
- Address and adapt to emerging and current state / national policy trends
- Manage both qualitative and quantitative data collection, plus analysis of information
- Demonstrate a successful track record in national program management, supported by tertiary qualifications
If you are a natural relationship builder and experienced program manager, please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above. For specific questions, please contact Debbie Jardine on (02) 82430570.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Program Manager via Pro Bono Australia.