About the role
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Expression Australia is looking for a Project Officer based in regional Victoria to join the Deaf Regional Health project team.
The Project Officer is required to work closely with the Project Lead to engage regional hospitals and communities to achieve the goals of the project of improving health accessibility for Deaf and hard of hearing people.
The role is on a casual basis, and ideally based in regional Victoria, with travel to and from Victorian regional hospitals and Tasmanian hospitals as required
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of the DRH project
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of intervention models based on research findings
- Manage stakeholder relationships
- Assist in project and project management deliverables
- Create and develop communications and content relevant to the project
- Significant experience and expertise knowledge of the regional health sector
- Significant experience in working with the Deaf and hard of hearing community
- Knowledge of issues in health access for people with disabilities.
- Proactive and organised individual
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills.
For a full description of this role, including outcomes and performance indicators, please see the attached Position Description and our website: www.expression.com.au/work-with-us/join-our-team
If you are interested in working with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Project Officer – Deaf Regional Heath to discuss the opportunity.
Please note: As an NDIS provider, Expression Australia is required to conduct compliance checks including Police Check & a NDIS Worker Screening checks against the preferred candidate before the candidate’s employment being confirmed i.e. before a contract of employment is provided.
Outcomes of compliance checks do not automatically bar disqualify candidates from a position however a risk assessment will need to be taken against the inherent requirements of the job.
About the organisation
WHO WE ARE:
Expression Australia, formerly known as Vicdeaf/Tasdeaf, is a progressive not-for-profit organisation with a vision for access, inclusion and equal opportunity. Established in 1884, we are a leader in providing services to people who are Deaf, hard of hearing or who experience barriers to participation.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer - Deaf Regional Health via Pro Bono Australia.