About the role
About the Role
CMY seeks a project officer to deliver the pilot project at Dandenong Library – Everybody Safe Every Day. The project officer will be responsible for capacity building, community development and services linkages for both library users and library staff. Additionally, the project officer is responsible for collating and documenting findings of the pilot project.
Please note, outreaching to the library will require availability to work until 8 pm but will not exceed a standard working day.
- Hours: 22.8 hours per week, Part Time
- Fixed Term: 10 months from start date
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 5) : $82, 774 per annum (pro rata) plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Dandenong Office and Dandenong Library (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role will require you to initially work from home)
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00 pm, Friday 14 May 2021
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning 17 May 2021
You will have
- Demonstrated experience in project management and design, including needs-based project delivery that addresses the barriers that impact on marginalised young people with complex and intersecting needs
- Demonstrated understanding of youth participation, co-design, community development principles and applying these principles in program development and delivery
- Demonstrated experience in group facilitation within a youth-participation framework, including establishing and/or facilitating stakeholder reference groups
- Experience in data collection and reporting, and strong administrative, time management, communication and IT skills
- High level of interpersonal skills in engaging with stakeholders, including with communities, government and non-government organisations and the general public.
For more information
- On the role, download the Position Description available here: https://www.cmy.net.au/work-with-us/
- On CMY, visit http://www.cmy.net.au/about-us
- Contact person for the role: Bec Lean, Program Manager; P: (03) 8594 1563 or M: 0431 729 752
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer – Everybody Safe Every Day (CMY219) via Pro Bono Australia.