About the role
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Reconnect program funded by the Department of Education (DET) to provide long-term wrap-around support to individuals of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds living in Victoria who are experiencing significant and complex barriers to participating in further education, training and employment.
The Reconnect Coordinator role is responsible for proficiently coordinating the establishment of services for disconnected Deaf or Hard of Hearing community members into study or work and will adhere to the Reconnect Grant Agreement guidelines. The Reconnect Coordinator will form part of the broader Learning and Training team and will be proactive in its approach to community mapping, identifying eligible clients and creating pathways for their re-engagement into study and/or employment.
- Coordinate the Reconnect program including promote and build partnerships and pathways with external organisation and service providers
- Identify and create a caseload of Reconnect participants
- Meet program outcomes (KPIs)
- Ensure administration is kept up to date include record keeping of client files
- Facilitate pathways for participants into further education, training, employment and community participation
- Support clients by lining them to appropriate locate services, and assisting client navigate system to access information
- Provide advice and support to clients
- Previous experience/ability to maintain a caseload of clients
- In-depth understanding of the Deaf and hard of hearing community
- Auslan Fluency
- Solution focused
- Strong administrative skills
IN ADDITION TO REWARDING WORK, WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Full-time role
- East Melbourne location
- A competitive salary including salary sacrificing to increase your take home pay
- Generous conditions and a focus on work life balance
- A positive and engaging work environment with ongoing support and training
- Being part of something bigger – we are a department of Expression Australia, a progressive, iconic community organisation established in 1884
For a full description of this role, including outcomes and performance indicators, please see the attached Position Description and our website: www.expression.com.au/work-with-us/join-our-team
If you are interested in working with us, please see the position description or contact firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Reconnect Coordinator – Deaf/Hard of Hearing to discuss the opportunity.
Please note: As an NDIS provider, Expression Australia is required to conduct compliance checks including Police Check & a NDIS Worker Screening checks against the preferred candidate before the candidate’s employment being confirmed i.e. before a contract of employment is provided.
Outcomes of compliance checks do not automatically bar disqualify candidates from a position however a risk assessment will need to be taken against the inherent requirements of the job.
About the organisation
WHO WE ARE:
Expression Australia, formerly known as Vicdeaf/Tasdeaf, is a progressive not-for-profit organisation with a vision for access, inclusion and equal opportunity. Established in 1884, we are a leader in providing services to people who are Deaf, hard of hearing or who experience barriers to participation.
How to apply
To apply please email your resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work for Expression Australia to: email@example.com - using the subject line: [Your name] – Reconnect Coordinator - Deaf/Hard of Hearing application.
Applications without a cover letter specific to this position will not be considered.
Applications Close: 5pm Friday 14th May 2021
Please quote in application: Reconnect Coordinator – Deaf/Hard of Hearing via Pro Bono Australia.