About the role
- Full time opportunity; working 35 hours per week
- Make a fresh start and apply your strong admin skills to a new role
- Flexible working arrangements to support real life balance
ABOUT EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
SSI Employment Services provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways.
Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. SSI works with long-term unemployed, newly arrived refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants, young people and people with disability to achieve this.
The Senior Administration Officer will provide high quality 1:1 support and administrative services to the Director Employment Services. Organising and coordinating workflow through email and diary management, you will manage all correspondence, meetings, minute taking and liaise with the wider Employment Services team. Key areas or responsibility include:
- Working with the Director and leadership team to ensure timely submission of information and meeting preparation;
- Attend meetings and progress reviews, keeping track of items that need actioning by the Director and manage and execute those items where appropriate;
- Collate relevant papers and materials and undertake research to support meetings and activities of the program;
- Manage and coordinate administrative duties such as filling and booking travel and accommodation;
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly program, governance and working group meetings.
Do you have qualifications in business administration or a related discipline and at least 5 years experience in a personal or executive assistant role working directly with a senior manager? Do you want to work for an organisation that values the impact of culture and diversity on our employees and those that we support? Are you a highly resourceful team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment at times under pressure?
We are looking for someone who is proactive and efficient, has excellent time management skills; highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to manage up and someone who can respond quickly to change and adopt a flexible/ innovative approach to problems and opportunities
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
How to apply
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Vimla Khooblall on 0410 801 184
Please quote in application: Senior Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.