About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Maximum term to 28 February 2022 (parental leave replacement contract)
- Based at Narre Warren
- Senior social work role supporting children and families who present with complex needs
About the opportunity
The Stronger Families Program provides a therapeutic model of assessment and intervention for families. The program aims to prevent first-time placement of children and young people aged 0-17 years in out of home care. Family reunification support is also provided to families where an out of home care placement has occurred for the first time.
As a Case Worker you will:
- Provide case management support and assertive outreach to hard-to-engage families
- Undertake therapeutic assessments of children and families presenting with complex issues
- Work with families to develop and review Family Action Plans
- Maintain comprehensive case notes and prepare high level reports
- Participate in Family Group Conferences
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Sound understanding of the Best Interests Case Practice Model and Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Extensive professional experience in the field of child, youth and family services, including experience working with DHHS Child Protection
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement appropriate interventions to support development of parenting capacity and family functioning
- Demonstrated ability to innovatively engage reluctant families
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume
You will also be asked to address key selection criteria questions on the application form.
Applications close Tuesday 20 April 2021
Get in touch
Blithe Thomas – Team Leader, Family Preservation & Reunification
Jane Gray – Manager, Family Preservation & Reunification
T: 03 9704 8377
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Case Worker - Stronger Families via Pro Bono Australia.