About the role
You will deliver positive outcomes for vulnerable children and their families, particularly regarding the highest risk, complex and sensitive cases. This will be achieved by delivering Single Session Therapy to children and their families in the Central Highlands
We’re seeking a passionate Single Session Therapist to play an integral and dynamic role within the Van Go Children’s Creative Therapy program, where you will be providing single session therapy to infants, children, and adolescents 0 – 18 across our two sites in Bacchus Marsh and Ballarat.
This is a unique opportunity to take yourself and your career to the front lines, and ensure we give our children the voices they need to be heard and help them thrive!
What we’ll need you to do:
- Continue to develop the Single Session model as a regular assessment through the course of therapeutic engagement and to incorporate other brief therapeutic models such as dyadic therapy.
- Act as an advocate for the rights and needs of children and young people
- Develop close working relationships with other agencies providing direct or indirect support to children who have experienced family violence to ensure an integrated response to children affected by family violence.
- Perform all service delivery duties in accordance with professional practice standards and professional codes of ethics
- Foster a culture of respect
- You’ll be drawing upon your experience and knowledge of the family violence sector on a daily basis in this role, as well as your experience in the development of effective and collaborative working relationships, so those top level communications, negotiation, and diplomacy skills will be needed.
- You will also need a tertiary qualification in psychology, social work, family therapy,
or a related discipline.
What’s in it for me?
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, you will be joining a leading provider of therapeutic services for children and their families. This is a unique opportunity for job satisfaction. Your hard work, enthusiasm, and commitment to social analysis will be rewarded with a competitive salary
package and flexible working arrangements.
About the organisation
WRISC provides support services to women and children who have been impacted by family violence. In response to the recommendations arising from the Royal Commission into Family Violence, our submission to the government to strengthen and enhance the Family Violence Service System therapeutic
service response to victims of family violence was successful, and with a consortium of other agencies we provide creative therapy for children who have experienced family violence. And this is where you come in!
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Single Session Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.