About the role
- Retail management role with variety and autonomy across all areas of store operations.
- Fashion retail experience would be highly regarded.
- Permanent – Full Time.
- Location: Vinnies Shop – Randwick
- Generous salary and salary packaging benefits available
Vinnies operates one of the largest retail operations in Australia with a network of 250 stores across NSW and are really leading the way in recycled and sustainable practices in the industry. Our Stores are more than charity shops they are a treasure trove of fashion find s and collectibles.
We are looking to recruit a highly customer-focused Store Leader with a creative eye. If you are a great leader with experience in managing a team of 5+ this is an amazing opportunity to make a difference in a highly rewarding role, giving back to the local community. Your future role would be a dynamic and varied role, involving training and developing both volunteers and employees. So excellent people management skills are vital as well as a genuine passion for seeing people grow and succeed.
Your new role will involve:
- Managing store budgets and ensuring all financial targets are achieved.
- Visual merchandising, pricing and rotation of stock to maximise sales
- Managing staff and volunteer engagement; including selection, orientation and on-the-job training.
- Managing and maintaining all Store stock levels, merchandising and pricing taking into account customer demand and seasonal demand.
- Ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service including dealing with customer feedback in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Ensure all welfare clients presenting vouchers are dealt with in a professional, confidential and friendly manner.
For a full list of accountabilities and responsibilities for this role, please refer to the attached Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Qualifications and/or experience managing retail stores, preferably fashion retail with a great eye for merchandising.
- Demonstrated ‘Customer-centric’ approach.
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively with your Area Manager to drive performance and achieve financial targets.
- Proven people management skills including leading, motivating, coaching and developing teams.
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills and exceptional communication ability.
- Must be analytical with the ability to review store performance data to enable effective reporting and decision-making on operational performance.
- Demonstrated experience setting KPI’s.
- Proven ability to analyse and merchandise stock to maximise sales.
- Ability to develop, mentor and motivate a dynamic team of employees and volunteers.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services
- Supportive, friendly and values-driven team culture, including on the job coaching, annual leadership summits and much more.
About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Store Manager - Randwick via Pro Bono Australia.