About the role
- Full time ongoing, with potential for part time 4 days per week.
- Help NDIS participants turn their goals into real achievements
Your new role
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our Support Coordination Team working to support individuals living with disability to live their best lives. As a member of the team you will be responsible for:
- Assisting NDIS participants to locate, implement and coordinate appropriate supports and services to enable them to achieve their goals.
- Enhancing the capacity of participants using a person centred approach which promotes individual choice and control
- Advocating for participants to access mainstream services and supports, especially regarding health, employment, and education.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- A passion for supporting individuals with complex needs
- Great problem solving skills and a willingness to work in a fast paced environment
- A relevant health or disability qualification ie: Social Work, Allied Health, Nursing, other Health related profession, or Certificate IV in Disability
- At least two years’ experience working with people with disabilities or a lived experience of disability
- Experience in care planning, case management, coordination or review for people with complex needs
- An understanding of the NDIS, and
- An ability to work in an activity driven, fee for service environment
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.