About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Based at Dandenong
About the opportunity
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a passionate Team Leader to join our Adoption, Permanent and Home Based Care Program. As Team Leader, you will be responsible for the overall performance, development and quality of services delivered by our High Risk and Targeted Care Packages Team.
The role will provide effective leadership to a dedicated team of case managers delivering support to vulnerable children and young people who present with particularly complex and challenging behaviours. The team provides individualised case management services to children and young people residing in a range of out of home care settings including residential care, foster care, kinship care, lead tenant and independent living.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a Bachelor level degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Extensive experience in the child, youth and family welfare sector
- Demonstrated experience in providing professional supervision and mentoring support
- Sound knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to the child, youth & family, and out of home care sectors
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to form effective working relationships and foster a positive team culture
- Proven ability thrive in a busy work environment – being flexible in prioritising your workload to suit the needs of the program
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Wednesday 5 May 2021
Get in touch
Monalisa Michielin – Manager, Adoption, Permanent & Home Based Care
T: (03) 8792 8999
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - High Risk & Targeted Care Packages via Pro Bono Australia.