About the role
Darebin Information & Volunteer Resource Service (DIVRS) is looking for a new Treasurer to oversee the financial administration and reporting of the organisation. The organisation is in a strong financial position and is working to increase its capacity to meet the growing demand for services from people in the community experiencing vulnerability.
The Committee of Governance is working closely with the Executive Officer to build DIVRS’s profile and expand its services across Darebin. This is an exciting time to join the committee as we are about to develop a new 4-year Strategic Plan.
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Overseeing the financial administration and financial reporting of the organisation
- Advising the Committee on the present and predicted financial position of the organisation
- Advising the Committee on financial management and compliance policies
- Engaging with the external auditor as required
The commitment required:
- Prepare for, attend and contribute to monthly committee meetings (meetings are 90 minutes).
- Present the Treasurer’s Report for approval at monthly Committee meetings
- Actively participate on the Finance subcommittee as required.
- Attend governance training as needed.
Currently, the committee meets on a Monday at 5:30pm. We alternate between in person meetings at DIVRS’s office, 285-287 High Street, Preston Victoria and on-line meetings via Zoom.
About the organisation
We are a volunteer-driven community organisation that provides free services, programs, information and support for people experiencing vulnerability and disadvantage in the City of Darebin. We promote community resilience, sustainability and social inclusion and provide opportunities for community participation through volunteering.
Our programs include:
- Emergency relief
- Community information, referrals and support
- Health and wellbeing
- Urban food
- Tax help
- No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS)
Learner to Probationary young driver program (TAC L2P)
DIVRS is an incorporated association and registered charity with the Australian Tax Office and the Australian Charities and Not for Profit Commission (ACNC) and receives Federal, State and Local Government funding.
How to apply
Please email your expression of interest to our Vice Chairperson, Anna Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org) telling us why you would like to join our committee. Please also attach your resume.
If you would like to know more, call Anna on 0439 342 481 and visit our website: https://www.divrs.org.au
Please quote in application: Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.