About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic graduate, or soon to be graduate, with an interest in ethics and engagement. This role will research, develop, plan and propose a program designed to increase the quality of the Centre’s engagement with younger Australians.
Undertake research to understand:
- Why and how young people (15 – 28 years of age) engage with the ethical dimension of life, and
- More generally, how they build and maintain relationship with organisations that command their interest and involvement.
Assist TEC to:
- Brainstorm ideas
- Develop communication strategies that will reach and connect with young people, and
- Identify a range of communication channels that influence young people.
Key Working Relationships
The Youth Engagement Intern reports to the Head of Engagement.
The role will involve frequent collaboration with key internal stakeholders across the organisation and will work closely with Marketing and Campaign Managers.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
As Youth Engagement Intern your ideal skills, knowledge and experience should include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Web-savvy, web-search skills; high level of “internet literacy” and knowledge of social media
- Ability to develop a strategic plan and associated budget
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate effectively with others
- Attention to detail interest in / knowledge of ethics, philosophy, education, social policy, global issues, research and current events
What We Offer
- Salary $29,750 + super for 6 month full time contract
- Flexible working from home and office days
- Opportunity to have broad impact
- Part of a small, highly engaged and collaborative team
This role has been made possible by the generous support of Third Link Investment Managers.
About the organisation
The Ethics Centre (TEC) is a unique, Australian-based not-for-profit which works to place ethics at the centre of everyday life. It supports individuals and organisations to address complex ethical issues and stimulates public engagement through flagship programs like the Festival of Dangerous Ideas (FODI). It remains the only organisation in the world providing practical guidance on complex ethical issues across the full spectrum of society.
How to apply
To express interest in this role, please email your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com
addressing these points in the Cover Letter:
- What you can bring to the role
- Why ethics is a passion of yours
- A work project you are most proud of
- How you work in a team
- Anything else you think we should know
Applications close 13 May 2021, 5PM
Please quote in application: Youth Engagement – Paid Internship via Pro Bono Australia.