About the role
- Use Your Expertise to Make a Difference in the NFP Sector
- Part-time Role (25 – 30 hours)
- Wide Variety of Clients
- Work-Life Balance Environment
- Convenient City Fringe Location with off-street Parking
- Responsibility and Autonomy
Reporting to the Business Services Team Leader, our new team member will be a versatile ‘all- rounder’ responsible for a wide range of activities, including:
- working with a portfolio of clients to deliver high quality services
- data entry and balance sheet reconciliations
- management accounts and BAS lodgements
- repairing and improving client accounting data bases
- implementing and refining best practice processes
- reviewing work and mentoring
Experience and competencies required for this role include:
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accountancy or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years in public practice or not for profit sector environment in an Australian context
- High level skills in MYOB and/or Xero
- BAS preparation and lodgement experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 Word and Excel
- The ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively and manage their own priorities and workload
- A flexible, adaptable and ‘can do’ approach
This is a hands-on role, so in addition to your honed technical skills, you will also have the ability to establish and build effective working relationships and rapport with our clients.
Apart from the bonus of working in a progressive and dynamic work environment where your contribution is valued and recognised, you will also have the opportunity to negotiate flexible hours.
About the organisation
NFPAS (Not for Profit Accounting Specialists) is a boutique city-fringe based accounting practice specialising in charities and other not for profit organisations. With clients all over Australia, we are seeking an experienced, technically savvy professional to join our team and help us maintain our reputation as thought leaders and the go-to professionals in the not for profit sector.
Find out more about us by visiting our website www.nfpas.com.au
NFPAS is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
To be considered and in addition to your resume, please
- provide a one page summary detailing how your skills and experience meet the requirements of this role; and
- complete the personality profile accessible via https://www.16personalities.com/ and include the results with your application.
Only candidates with rights to live and work in Australia will be considered.
Please quote in application: Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.