About the role
- Based in Collingwood with flexible working arrangements
- Full Time Role contracted to June 2023
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
This position contributes to the Government’s enhanced Jobs Victoria employment support system helping Victorians facing barriers to employment into jobs. Supporting Jobs Victoria Advocates work on the ground to help people navigate employment and training services. Developing administrative tools and systems including referral pathways for Advocates to support connecting people, in their local communities. Supporting Advocates with developing a database of where they can refer people for advice and support.
- Improve access CALD communities to services by creating smooth administrative processes and referral pathways with community service providers, agencies and local leaders
- Be the first point of contact for clients (internal and external), endeavour to answer telephone enquiries in an efficient, friendly and professional manner
- Connect CALD people with relevant services
- Regular collection and uploading information and data from participants who have engaged with the Advocate service
- Follow up connections and referrals made to other services, where required
- Book appointments over the phone & take enquiries
- Conduct general admin tasks for the entire program
- Attend initial and ongoing training provided by the department
- Follow operational guidelines (including services standards and procedures for safe delivery of services)
- Attending community gatherings & events
Do you have an administrative and a customer service background? Are you organised? Are you able to remain calm when under pressure? You hold a Current drivers’ licence, if so we want to hear from you!
Ideally, you would be someone with 1+ year of relevant experience. Your demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others. With excellent communication and organisational skills, you are able to perform under pressure (meeting deadlines) and demonstrated ability to work unsupervised.
Strong communication skills: Demonstrated experience engaging and communicating with groups of people, tailoring communication to suit specific cohorts. High level of written skills and data reporting and
Negotiation and influence skills: Ability to influence and gain cooperation of internal and external stakeholders to create and maintain mutually benefici al relationships
Adaptation and problem-solving skills: Demonstrated resilience adapting to changing environments; proposes innovative solutions to identified problems
Organisational skills and teamwork: Ability to effectively plan and manage multiple tasks independently and as part of a team; ability to work collaboratively to achieve outcome.
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
How to apply
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email email@example.com o r call Vimla Khooblall on 02 8799 6700
Please quote in application: Advocates Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.