About the role
ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting new role has arisen in our Commercial team to help plan, manage and deliver the club’s Bequest Program, with a focus on growth of the program. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Development, the position of Bequest Manager will be required to:
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with confirmed and potential donors.
- Drive growth of the Bequests Program, working with the Consumer team to build a database and generate leads.
- Deliver a program of events and benefits that appropriately recognises bequestors.
- Develop a communications plan outlining how the club will connect and engage with bequestors during key milestones.
- Work with the Communications team to profile and promote the Bequest Program.
This is a part time role required for two days per week.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for a compassionate, respectful and kind person, who possess the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Self-motivator who is comfortable working autonomously.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective organisational and administrative skills.
- Friendly and engaging demeanour with an ability to relate to a broad range of people.
- Proven experience in bequest, donor or high-net worth management.
- Background in Business Development.
- Knowledge of bequest programs, Estates and Wills
- Experience in stakeholder management, including implementation, delivery and reporting.
- The successful candidate will require a valid Victorian Working with Children Check and undertake a Police Check.
About the organisation
The North Melbourne Football Club (NMFC) is a leader in the Australian sports industry, with an outstanding reputation for its hardworking culture and innovation, both on and off the field. NMFC is more than just a football club – we are widely known as the most socially progressive sporting club in Australia. We pride ourselves on the work we do in the community through our award-winning program, The Huddle.
If you thrive on working in a fast paced, continuously evolving environment with a passionate team of professionals where you can learn and gain valuable experience, this may be the organisation for you.
NMFC strives to be the AFL’s most inclusive, accessible and united football club. Our value of ‘Belonging’ means we embrace people from all walks of life and respect each other’s opinions and capabilities. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
All employment decisions at NMFC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender or gender identity, marital or parental status, political or religious beliefs, race or sexual orientation. NMFC will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PERKS & BENEFITS
As an employee of NMFC, you have access to a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work options
- Professional development opportunities
- Fun staff experiences such as food trucks and sports days
- Access to gym facilities
- Tickets to the football and other events
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your CV together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the overwhelming number of applications received by the club, we are unable to reply to every application. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications close at 9am on Monday 17 May.
Please quote in application: Bequest Manager via Pro Bono Australia.