About the role
Early Childhood Management Services (ECMS) is a children’s services organisation that has been providing high quality and inclusive early learning and care for children, families and communities for 23 years. With over 60 kindergartens and childcare centres ECMS influences the lives of 6,500 children across Victoria each week. Every ECMS kindergarten and childcare centre is designed to reflect the needs of its local community and families, ensuring that children thrive in life.
Benefits & Culture
- Work with experienced colleagues who are committed to the early childhood sector
- Based in a sought after location in Northcote with a flexible, high-trust working culture
- Professional development opportunities
- Career role in a progressive team
As the OH&S technical expert you will operate within the Risk & Compliance Team, and working collaboratively across a range of other teams, to support the early learning centers and kindergartens on a range of OHS matters and ultimately improve OHS outcomes for the organisation. The OHS BP is an integral part of the return to work process, where you will be accountable for its overall management and performance.
You will also be responsible for;
- Day to day management and administration of the OHS management system
- Implementation of OHS policies, procedures and checklists that reflect legislative requirements
- Provide coaching, advice and support for all matters concerning OHS and worker’s compensation, to ensure appropriate positioning to meet obligations
- Conduct OHS investigations, root cause analysis, risk assessments, hazard identification, ergonomic and manual handling assessments.
In addition to your sound working knowledge of health and safety, OHS legislation and demonstrated experience implementing risk management systems within a team,
You will showcase;
- Ability to lead an investigation and conduct root cause analysis
- Successful stakeholder relationship development, engagement and management
- Management of return to work cases, inclusive of work cover claims and implementation of effective safety systems
- A proactive, preventative and collaborative approach to building and promoting a safe and healthy workplace culture.
If you want to play an important role in transforming an organisation to have greater impact on children and their families then please apply by submitting your cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume in MS Word format. Alternatively contact Anna Skeels in Melbourne on 03 8080 8976.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Business Partner – OHS via Pro Bono Australia.