About the role
- Salary packaging is offered with this position
- Full-time 38 hours, fixed term to June 2022, based at Morwell
- Support vulnerable children in care who are unable to live with their families.
In this role you will provide leadership and coordination of the care team for each child placed in HBC, to achieve the best possible care for the child. A key focus of the role is the support of carers and developing and supporting a support network of carers for each child. You will work collaboratively with other care team members to ensure the development of a plan that supports the best interest of each child and contribute to the recruitment, assessment and training of foster carers as required.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work or other relevant area
- Extensive experience in child, youth and family welfare experience, with particular experience in out of home care
- Sophisticated understanding of the legislative, policy and practice environment of out of home care
- Ability to lead and facilitate a multi-disciplinary care team
- Skills and experience in supervision of carers
- Current Victorian (or equivalent) drivers licence
- Demonstrated skills in case management
- Well developed organisational skills
- Program development and review/evaluation experience
- Understanding of, and capacity to act according to the principles and intent of the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Ability to work occasional flexible hours as required
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
About the organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
How to apply
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description: Gippsland - HBC Case Manager May 2021.docx.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Rebecca Virtue, Program Manager, Placement & Support on 03 5135 9555.
Applications close 23 May 2021.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Please quote in application: Case Manager Home Based Care via Pro Bono Australia.