About the role
The Southern Migrant & Refugee Centre (SMRC) is a not-for-profit community service organisation that provides extensive and essential services to refugees and migrants in Melbourne’s South and East. Their Vision is to empower our diverse communities to ensure inclusion in a unified Australian society by delivering programs across Family & Children Services; Youth services; Education, Employment & Community Support; Home & Health; and Aged Care & Disability Services. www.SMRC.com.au
Reporting to the Board, the CEO is responsible for providing the proper strategic direction, as well as creating a vision for success. The goal is to drive the SMRC’s development and guide it towards long-term success by:
- Developing high quality business strategies and plans, ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Leading and motivating staff to advance employee engagement, developing a high performing managerial team
- Overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results that are consistent with the overall strategy, mission and SMRC values.
- Building trusting relationships with key section managers and stakeholders, facilitating smooth working relationships and acting as a point of contact for all important programs.
To thrive as CEO, you must be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader. You have a commercial mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. You will take actions to enhance the organisation’s cash flow while keeping the human factor in perspective.
To be considered for this wonderful opportunity it is essential you have:
- Proven local experience as CEO or in other senior managerial position
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills; a prudent leader, confident and visionary.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Tertiary qualifications in business administration, economics, legal studies etc or industrial qualifications (or equivalent experience)
An attractive executive remuneration package with the availability of salary packaging will be offered to the successful candidate, commensurate with skills and experience.
If you have exceptional skills and are looking for a new and exciting challenge, please make an application by clicking the ‘Apply’ tab below to submit your resume in Word format. To confidentially discuss this role further, please feel free to call Barry Vienet (9946 7321) or Lauren Monaghan (9946 7326) from Johnson Recruitment.
Johnson Recruitment actively embraces diversity in the workforce through inclusive community representation of gender, culture, thought, and work arrangements.
This is a retained, exclusive assignment and any direct applications or referrals will be forwarded to Johnson Recruitment.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: CEO via Pro Bono Australia.