About the role
- Do you consider yourself flexible, consultative and responsive?
- Are you focused on strategic outcomes and want to contribute to society?
- Can you guide your team in the provision of outstanding community services. If so, CECAL wants to hear from you.
Classification/Salary: SCHCADS Award Level 8.3 plus negotiable
Fixed term contract 2-years fixed term (renewable subject to funding)
Hours Fulltime 38 hours per week
Located: Earlwood NSW
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the overall management of Canterbury Earlwood Caring Association Limited (CECAL) and responsible for ensuring CECAL’s effective operations in accordance with the organisation’s vision, values, and purpose documented in the Strategic Plan.
Reporting to a Board of Directors and working closely the Chairperson, the CEO is responsible for:
- ensuring CECAL complies with relevant legal, regulatory, quality and funding body requirements.
- financial strength, sustainability and risk management
- the provision of high quality and integrated services to the community and
- strategic networking with the local business community and organisations within the area.
This is a leadership role that provides quality advice to the Board, as well as
being responsible for the day-to-day operations of CECAL and providing leadership, direction and support to a small Senior Management Team, staff and volunteers.
About the organisation
Canterbury Earlwood Caring Association Ltd. (CECAL) is a non-profit community organisation which has been providing neighbourhood centre services to the Earlwood community and surrounding suburbs for over 35 years.
CECAL operates from a Canterbury Council owned premises under a lease arrangement and Council supports us by offering a subsidised rent and undertaking regular maintenance of the premises.
However, we’re not a service of Canterbury Council. We receive funding from a variety of funding sources to provide our broad range of community services and programs.
How to apply
To apply please send your cover letter and resume in MS Word format email@example.com
For a copy of the position description or for more information please call Marilyn Roche (Vice President) mobile 0414 238 536
Applicants must have the right to live and work in this location to be eligible for this job.
No recruitment agencies please
Closing Date: 21st May 21
(Please note: that applications will be assessed as they are received, and CECAL reserves the right to close the job at any time)
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) via Pro Bono Australia.