About the role
- Full Time permanent role, working 35/hrs per week
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options
- Flexible working arrangement with continued work/life balance
ABOUT EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
SSI Employment and Enterprises provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways.
Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. SSI works with long-term unemployed, newly arrived refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants, young people and people with disability to achieve this.
About the Role
The Claims Officer will ensure that all claims relating to all employment programs are claimed within the ESS Web system (Federal programs) within the desired timeframe and support the Employment Services teams to ensure the correct evidence is submitted to meet the contractual requirements of each program. This role is also responsible for preparing wage subsidy agreements and monitoring and lodging DES ongoing support claims.
- Ensuring all employment related outcomes (including ongoing support) and wage subsidy reimbursements are claimed within 48 hours of correct evidence being lodged from the sites.
- Ensure any claims or invoices are not duplicated
- Ensure any incorrect evidence received is communicated back to the site concerned with remedial action required for resubmission.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained and filed securely immediately after lodgment
- Identify and refer all claims unable to be lodged or have been incorrectly lodged to the Program Manager for follow up and possible recovery.
- Follow up any outstanding claims and wage subsidy payments due daily with the program teams
- Conduct administrative activities consistent with contractual and legislative requirements, and SSI’s Policy and Procedures.
- Creation of wage subsidy agreements within 48hrs from commencement of employment.
- Action all relevant invoices, remittance forms, client/ employer reimbursements, purchase orders wage subsidy payments within 48 hours of receiving.
- Maintain 95% compliance rate with the processing of all claims.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Contract knowledge either within JA, DES or ParentsNext
- Previous Administration experience
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to effectively build relationships.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to pick up new software programs
- Highly developed written & verbal communication and presentation skills
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
How to apply
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org o r call Vimla Khooblall on 0423 619 392.
Please quote in application: Claims Officer via Pro Bono Australia.