About the role
- Ongoing VPS Grade 4 role based in the Bendigo region (flexible working arrangements negotiable).
- Provide mentoring and supervision to staff in relation to their case management of clients, including in relation to clinical risk and its mitigation.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the day-to-day delivery of Court Support Services programs, in consultation with the Manager and in line with relevant organisational policies, procedures and standards.
- Training and development opportunities available.
About the role
This role has responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of Court Support Services and Specialist Courts programs. It provides leadership and operational support to a multi-disciplinary team who provide case management support to people on bail with multiple and complex needs within a therapeutic framework.
We encourage you to apply if you possess the following:
- Able to work in an agile, responsive, and collaborative manner, providing flexible support to other teams and state-wide program as required
- Experience providing case management in a strength based, therapeutic, psycho-social support to people on bail with multiple and complex needs and providing support to the team to do the same
- Can provide leadership and supervision to staff in relation to their case management and other day-to-day activities
- Able to work with the Manager and wider CSS team to identify and implement practice improvements that will enhance the quality of the programs.
- Experience delivering programs in a way that is responsive to and inclusive of the diverse needs of all cohorts.
- Experience with working with individuals and teams to identify and address professional development needs.
- Have participate in the recruitment and induction of program staff.
- Experience in developing, monitoring and maintaining relevant data reporting, KPIs and management of teams’ performance
Are able to work collaboratively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Judiciary and Senior Registry to ensure consistency of practice and operations
About the organisation
The Magistrates’ Court of Victoria (MCV) is a jurisdiction within the Court Services Victoria statutory authority and has a long history of providing justice for the people of Victoria in metropolitan and regional courts across the state.
The Court determines in excess of 300,000 cases per annum at 51 venues, equating to approximately 90 per cent of all cases that come before Victorian courts each year. The Court aims to be an innovative, accessible and responsive court that provides quality services to the Victorian community.
How to apply
To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button, ensuring you include the following documents in your application:
- a short covering letter
- completed application form (see file attachment)
For further information on the position, please see the attached position description.
Court Services Victoria (CSV) is the employer of staff at all Victorian courts and tribunals, the Judicial College of Victoria, and the Judicial Commission of Victoria. CSV offers a wide range of legal and non-legal career options as well as attractive employee benefits.
CSV is committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment.
Magistrates’ Court of Victoria’s vision is that all employees access and enjoy the same rights, responsibilities, resources and opportunities regardless of their gender, identity or cultural beliefs. The Magistrates’ Court of Victoria is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace and has zero tolerance for violence against women.
For further information on this position and to submit your application, please visit careers.vic.gov.au by 17/5/2021.
Please quote in application: Court Support Services – Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.