About the role
- Permanent full-time (part-time may be considered)
- Join Australia’s largest Animal Hospital
- Located in North Melbourne
Lort Smith’s mission is to improve the health and happiness of animals and the people who care for them. We do this via three very important streams of work; in our Animal Hospital by providing exceptional veterinary care and preserving the human-animal bond irrespective of a person’s circumstance; in our Adoption Centre by providing sanctuary, rehabilitation, welfare and a new home for animals; and through our Community Outreach programs by promoting responsible pet ownership and nurturing the human-animal bond.
About the role:
Our Customer Service Officers are our first point of contact for clients. The team contribute to the quality care for animals, promote responsible pet ownership, foster awareness of animals and benefits they bring by delivering our vision, mission and values of Lort Smith.
The team are responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience, growth and reputation of Lort Smith through building rapport, identifying customer needs and managing customer concerns and will deliver peace of mind.
Reporting to the Customer Services Shift Supervisor, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Greet customers and assist them with general enquiries and check them into appointments
- Answer phone calls in a timely manner and assist with general enquiries
- Ensure appointments are appropriately booked and are managed successfully
- Inform customers of the necessary information prior to them attending an appointment
- Ensure client/patient information is correct and up to date
- Process payments
- Escalate any issues or concerns to the shift supervisor
- Follow all processes and procedures applicable to your employment.
To be successful in your application, you must be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a dynamic and complex customer service environment (animal experience will be highly regarded)
- Demonstrable experience in phone/contact centre and front reception customer service
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to the delivery of outstanding customer service
- An understanding and empathy for the important role animals play in people’s lives
- Highly developed negotiation skills and ability to have difficult conversations
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and problem solve
- A positive and resilient attitude
- Ability to be a team player and lead by example
- Well-developed computer literacy skills.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work a roster involving afternoon, evening and some weekend and public holiday shifts.
Applications Close Friday 14 May 2021.
About the organisation
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
To learn more about Lort Smith and the wonderful work we do, please visit www.lortsmith.com
Please quote in application: Customer Service Officer via Pro Bono Australia.