About the role
We’re looking for a part–time Digital Marketing Assistant, with the experience to grow our online web and social media presence and supporter base. This position is responsible for the ongoing maintenance (customer facing and backend), design and content of our websites and information management. Reporting to the Impact and Communications Officer, this position will analyse and increase our traffic and reach, collaborating in the creation and delivery of effective marketing campaigns.
- Website & mobile application management
- Assist with digital media initiatives & marketing campaigns
- Information Management
- Other duties
- Be an Australian citizen or hold a valid work visa to work in Australia
- Current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- Hold a relevant qualification in computer science/web management/systems engineering or similar
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including spelling, grammar, punctuation as well as composition, editing and proofing
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficiency in website design, back end development, mobile applications and maintenance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
- Understanding of HTML, word processing, spreadsheets and other programs which feed information to our sites
- Adept in social media platforms and online content management systems
- Experience in data management and analysis
- Understanding of domain management
- Demonstrated experience in using social media effectively to build audiences
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work to deadlines
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Communigator or similar
- Experience in not-for-profit sector
- A keen interest in the environment
Key selection criteria
- Demonstrated proficiency in website design, back end development, mobile applications and maintenance
- Experience in data management and analysis
- Adept in social media platforms & SEO
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work proactively and to deadlines
- A collaborative team member, who easily builds rapport and can contribute to a positive work culture
You’re a natural social media whizz, with a strong aptitude for technology and are looking for a position which fits in with your busy life! You’re highly confident in SEO and your ability to take an organisations media presence to the next level. You’re detail driven, adept in analysing the why and the how, a proven trouble-shooter and able to deliver on time, every time. You’re keen to work within a small team, supported by other high performing colleagues and form part of a culture that promotes collaboration and outside the box thinking.
What we offer
MODE OF EMPLOYMENT: Part-time (2 days per week, flexible. Ideally suited to someone who is looking to work for a few hours per day). 1 year fixed term contract (with potential to increase days/to permanency for the right candidate)
SALARY: As agreed, plus 9.5% superannuation (with future increases aligned with government schedules) and 20 days’ annual leave (pro-rata)
Supportive small team environment
Green office space in Carlton
Flexible work arrangements
Employee Assistance Program
Salary Packaging option
Professional Development with upskilling support
Experience in working within the not-for-profit sector
About the organisation
Earthwatch Institute is a leading global environmental not for profit organisation, committed to conserving the diversity and integrity of life on Earth to meet the needs of current and future generations.
Founded in 1971, and with five offices around the globe, we aim to empower people to save the natural world. We do this by engaging the community directly in environmental and sustainability experiences through Work (corporate programs), Life (student and teacher programs) and Play (public expeditions). This hands on experience bridges the gap between science and the community, creating an informed society that can translate scientific knowledge into sustainable action.
Earthwatch Institute is the largest citizen science business in Australia. We focus our research on the most critical issues facing our planet (climate change, ocean health, restoring our iconic landscape and protecting our unique wildlife), and have supported thousands of research expeditions across the globe.
We are a small, yet powerful organisation united in the following values:
Responsibility: The wellbeing of our staff, researchers, volunteers and the environments in which we work is at the core of our operations
Integrity: We act at all times in good faith and with exemplary honesty and transparency
Professionalism: All of our actions demonstrate our commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and service
Inspiration: We are inspired by our work and we seek to inspire others with experiences and knowledge that enable them to take action
Inclusion: We are greater than the sum of our parts; we collaborate with others and bring together diverse backgrounds with dignity, respect and fairness
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Digital Marketing Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.