About the role
- Are you keen to put your digital marketing training into practice, in a leading environmental NGO?
- Are you enthusiastic, smart and a quick learner?
If so, we’re looking for you! We’re on the hunt for a fantastic Digital Marketing Assistant to work in the marketing, communications and fundraising team. You’ll be responsible for coordinating marketing projects and ongoing work such as appeals, annual giving and content development. You’ll work on our digital channels and our creative assets, and you’ll track project results, report findings, and provide administrative support. In return for all your hard work, we’ll provide mentoring, support and learning opportunities, and a flexible working environment.
We are looking for someone who wants to learn, is keen to develop marketing, communications, and fundraising skills, and wants to work for a growing organisation with a big vision for the future. This isn’t just a supporting role, you will also be responsible for your own projects, so you need to be digi-savvy and a quick learner.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 2 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience organising and coordinating projects.
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading.
- Experience working across digital channels and tracking/analysis software
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic application knowledge of project management principles.
- Practical application of marketing concepts.
- Knowledge of database management and spreadsheet software, with ability to construct and produce reports.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with internal and external partners.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Only applicants who are currently eligible to work in Australia will be considered. The Nature Conservancy will not provide support for working visas or residency for this position.
About the organisation
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re grounded in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
The Nature Conservancy first commenced operations in Australia in 2002. Since that time TNC Australia has grown significantly and now conducts projects in all mainland Australian states and territories. Our work focuses on three main biogeographical zones – the Outback (including work with many Indigenous Traditional Owner groups supporting their efforts to manage their country for its cultural and conservation values); our Oceans (including our extensive shellfish reef building program across the bays and estuaries of southern Australia), and the Southern Murray-Darling Basin (including innovative water funds and property management), To learn more about our work in Australia visit www.natureaustralia.org.au or follow us on facebook.com/TNCAustralia.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive remuneration, superannuation; retirement or savings-plan matching for eligible employees; excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
How to apply
To apply to position number 49706 submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. Applications will be reviewed in the order they’re received, and the position will remain open until filled.
Please address the following questions in no more than two pages and submit together with your Resume/CV. Please include the questions with your responses:
- Why do you want to work for The Nature Conservancy?
- How will your skills and experience translate to the role and the qualifications criteria?
- What do you think makes a great digital marketing assistant?
- What are your future career aspirations?
- What are your salary expectations for this role? (excluding superannuation)?
- Are you willing and legally able to work in either Carlton, Victoria, or Sydney, NSW, Australia?
- When would you be available to commence employment with The Nature Conservancy?
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.
Please quote in application: Digital Marketing Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.