About the role
Our team is passionate, authentic and, above all, we are excited about what we do! The Foundation fosters an environment of respect, friendliness and enthusiasm.
We focus on results and give our staff the flexibility they need to achieve them. This role has the option of working from home as well as in our South Melbourne office.
This is an exciting new role, developed in response to the needs of our growing organisation. In this role, you would be part of our enthusiastic, agile Executive Team, reporting to our Chief Executive Officer. Your focus is on the prevention of harm to children and young people, in the on-line and off-line world. This includes program delivery and evaluation, as well as advocacy and policy development.
Your key responsibilities would be to:
- provide leadership, vision and strategic direction for the organisation, including development of our new strategic plan;
- oversee delivery of high quality programs and projects;
- identify opportunities to support and influence government approaches to child safety;
- lead the development and implementation of an integrated evaluation framework;
- represent the Foundation at conferences and working groups to advance the Foundation’s purpose.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- A qualification in a field relevant to social policy, innovation or education.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in roles related to social/government policy, advocacy, innovation, program design and/or program delivery.
- Demonstrated leadership experience including the ability to lead multi-disciplinary and diverse teams.
- Experience operating in an executive role, including input into organisational strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and enduring relationships within government and other key stakeholders.
- Experience with evaluation frameworks and measuring social impact.
The Foundation is committed to child safety. A police check and current Working with Children Check (or equivalent) are required for the successful applicant.
About the organisation
The Alannah & Madeline Foundation is a national charity protecting children from violence and bullying. Our vision is that every child will live in a safe and supportive environment. The Foundation cares for children who have experienced or witnessed violence and runs programs which prevent violence in the lives of children. We play an advocacy role and we are a voice against childhood violence.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director, Policy & Prevention via Pro Bono Australia.