About the role
The Board seeks to recruit people who have a strong commitment to building resilient and
innovative communities that support each other in times of need. In addition to a strong
alignment with the vision, Charter and giving philosophy, the Board is particularly interested in
recruiting individuals who have experience in one or more of the following areas:
Previous experience as a Board Chair or not-for-profit Director is a must.
Give for Good Board role statement
Give for Good is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission and is governed by an independent board who meet quarterly. The board is currently made up of three Domino’s executives (one who is also the Company Secretary) and three independent Directors.
The Board Chair is expected to operate in accordance with the constitution and applicable legislation (including the Australian Charities & Not for Profits Commission Act, the Corporations Act and fundraising legislation).
Working with both the Australian and New Zealand General Manager’s(GM’s) and other board
members, the Board Chair will provide leadership to Give for Good, will support and sustain
the work of Give for Good, and provide governance, leadership, and strategic support.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Being a trusted advisor to the GM’s as they develop and implement the strategic plan
- As a Board member, approving Give for Good’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Coordinating an annual performance evaluation of the GM’s
- Recruiting board members as required
- Periodically consulting with board members on their roles and helping them assess
- Chairing Board meetings
- Acting as an ambassador for the organisation.
The Board Chair will have leadership experience in business, government, philanthropy, or the
non-profit sector and a strong commitment to addressing social issues. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Extensive professional experience with significant leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the non-profit sector
- Demonstrated success as a non-profit board member or board chair
- A commitment to and understanding of Give for Good’s purpose
- A natural affinity for relationship building and stakeholder engagement
- Excellent facilitation, written and oral communication skills
- Personal qualities of integrity and accountability.
Each voluntary Director is elected to serve a minimum three-year term. Directors must be prepared to attend and participate in Board meetings (at least four per year), an annual strategy workshop, and the Annual General Meeting in addition to other meetings as the need arises. For the Chair, this equates to a time commitment of approximately five days per quarter.
About the organisation
In late 2017, Domino’s Pizza Enterprises (Domino’s) registered Give for Good Limited as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ABN 17621450413). Give for Good’s vision is building strong and resilient communities through supporting you and education and providing disaster relief. We have a deep-seated commitment to building community capacity in the following areas:
Education & Youth (Young adults 17 and above)
- Increase access to education
- Increase community engagement
- Develop health and wellness initiatives
- Remove disadvantage
Leadership & Entrepreneurship
- Develop future community leaders
- Support programs that grow entrepreneurs and leaders
- Support disadvantaged farmers and farming communities
- Support programs that grow entrepreneurs and leaders in these communities
- Support immediate post disaster relief
- Support rebuild and future preparedness
While the Domino’s brand, platforms and workforce helps power Give for Good’s reach and
impact, the Board is Chaired by a non-executive Director. Give for Good is a separate legal and
financial entity, operates under an independent Charter and executes an independent
Give for Good’s 2020 Annual Report is available HERE
How to apply
Give for Good is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all genders, age groups, First Nations people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with disabilities. Board Chair candidates should submit their Expression of Interest for Board positions (detailed below) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org - by 30th June, 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Expressions of Interest should include a cover letter outlining answers to the following
questions, along with your CV:
1. Why are you interested in serving as Chair of the Board of Directors of Give for Good?
2. What skills, knowledge and experience you would bring to the Board?
3. What you hope to get from Give for Good as a result of your Chairing the Board of
Please quote in application: Expressions of interest – Board Chair via Pro Bono Australia.