About the role
Are you looking to make a difference in the local community?
If you have experience in case management working with children and their families then don’t miss out on this great opportunity to join this local service strengthening local families.
About the Program…
In addition to Family Support/Home Visiting, the learning difficulties stream has options of specific areas of unique delivery, such as, however not limited to:
- Options to undertake observations of children across environments such as home, school and childcare;
- a comprehensive case management report of observations and recommendations, that can assist in providing a further understanding of the strengths and needs of a child, or young person. It can also provide an across environmental picture for further consideration of parents and specialists and assist with behavioural planning,
- Assistance with understanding of diagnosis and responding to recommendations of clinical reports;
- A range of learning difficulty specific tools and templates developed to assist in case planning
About the opportunity…
There are two separate positions being recruited:
- The Family Worker (Children and Family) role engages with and builds the capacity of families experiencing vulnerabilities e.g. parenting problems/concerns, domestic/family violence, child protection, relationship breakdown, mental health, disability, alcohol and other drugs and by lack of access to infrastructure provisions.
- The Family Worker (Learning Difficulty/Disability) role engages with and build the capacity of children, young people and their families impacted by disability/learning difficulties by providing person-centered, strengths-based, flexible and high-quality case management including assessment, planning, referral and advocacy as well as group work activities.
Both positions are Permanent Full Time at 35 hours per week. Salary for these roles are classified at level 4 in the NSW SCHADS Award (pay point to be determined depending on experience). The roles are based in Blacktown but covers the whole of Blacktown LGA therefore some travel will be necessary, therefore you will need a current driver’s licence and your own vehicle. The position can become permanent after successful 6-month probationary period.
What you will bring to the team…
The successful applicant will have expert knowledge and understanding of the dynamics, complexities and consequences of DFV, child protection. disability and learning difficulties, mental health, AOD, and have knowledge and understanding of the needs and rights of diverse people and families. You will also have excellent organisational, administrative and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum qualifications as Diploma in Community Services/Case Management, Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent including overseas qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the management and provision of casework services and group work activities to vulnerable children, young people and families experiencing domestic/family violence, child protection issues, disability and learning difficulties, mental health issues, alcohol & drug issues, homelessness and related issues and comprehensive understanding of the impact of these issues
- Demonstrated cultural competence
- Experience in building and maintaining constructive working relationships with key stakeholders and excellent networking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Own vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Knowledge of DEX Reporting System and Community Data Solutions (Client & Case Management)
- Fluency in a community language spoken in the Blacktown LGA (desirable)
What you’ll get in return…
- Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay!
- Some above Award conditions
- Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
- High level of diversity in role
- Supportive team environment
If you have a strong background in case management with a commitment to strengthening families with a child/young person in the Blacktown LGA then this is the role for you!
About the organisation
About the organisation…
Junaya Family Development Services is a community organisation located in Blacktown and provides a range of services for families to assist in strengthening their families and building capacity.
JFDS offers a Target Early Intervention program (TEI) providing information and advice for families who have children 0-18 years, as well as a 12-week home visiting program for families who have children 0-18 years and who live in the Blacktown LGA. In addition, they have a Learning Difficulties/Disability project also for families who have children 0-18 years who experience a learning difficulty or disability and who reside in the Blacktown LGA.
Does this sound like something you want to be part of?
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Workers via Pro Bono Australia.