About the role
Into its second year, our Fundraising Volunteer skills development program is now looking to recruit our next intake of volunteers.
Our six-month volunteer program involves a once-a-week mentoring session with the opportunity to work on particular projects that match your skill set while also providing you opportunities to gain more experience and skills on the job. Whether or not you choose to forge a career path in fundraising, this will be a vital and highly regarded experience asset, and you will learn about the amazing advocacy and campaigning for climate action made possible through the impact of fundraising.
We are looking for volunteers to work on
- Our social media campaign engaging audiences on Facebook and Instagram.
- Researching content and speakers for events as well as event logistics.
- Sourcing donor stories and content for a variety of supporter communications such as
- emails, web content and videos.
- Researching trends and the latest reports about fundraising.
- Contacting existing supporters for stewardship.
- Administrative tasks such as physical and electronic filing, updating CRM and Data Entry, preparing packs to send to donors.
What’s in it for you?
“The volunteer program at ACF gave me the opportunity to learn more about the amazing work being done in advocacy and campaigning for climate action. The impact of fundraising that makes this work possible is incredible and I developed skills beyond my expectations. I have now taken a role at PWC in their Environment Division — otherwise I would have happily would have extended my volunteership for a second term.” Eliza Kelly, 2020 Volunteer
- Over 195 hours of mentorship in fundraising focusing on bequests, supporter engagement and stewardship.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector,
- Understanding the impact of fundraising to enable advocacy and campaigning for climate action.
- Develop skills in fundraising that are highly regarded in the sector.
- Opportunity to develop your networks.
- He chance to contribute in a real way to solving the climate change and habitat destruction.
To be successful in your application, you will demonstrate:
- The ability to complete tasks efficiently, with a commitment to our cause
- A proactive and passionate demeanour
- An ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, to populate spreadsheets and filter data
- Commitment to the role for a period of at least six months, for one to two days per week
About the organisation
The Australian Conservation Foundation is Australia’s national environment organisation – over 700,000 people creating a world where forests, rivers, people and wildlife thrive.
A handful of people formed ACF 55 years ago when mining first threatened the Great Barrier Reef. Now the ACF community has grown into a powerful force for nature.
We bring together people from the community, government and business. Our community advocates against pollution and destruction, and for our living world. We hold decision-makers to account. We champion big ideas and find common ground with unlikely partners.
We love and protect the web of life right across our continent, from the Kimberley to the Reef, the reef down the Great Dividing Range to Tasmania’s forests.
People power our campaigns. We are proudly independent, non-partisan and funded by donations from our community.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Support Volunteers via Pro Bono Australia.