About the role
- Leadership position
- Victoria, Australia – Richmond location – onsite parking available and close to public transport.
- Competitive Remuneration Package
About the program
The Men’s Project is an initiative of Jesuit Social Services launched in 2017. It provides leadership on the reduction of violence and other harmful behaviours prevalent among boys and men, and builds approaches to improve their wellbeing and keep families and communities safe.
Our vision is for engaged men, respectful relationships and safe communities.
We aim to achieve this by:
- research to better understand the attitudes and behaviours of boys and young men;
- promoting positive change related to gender norms and what it means to be a man in the 21st century; and
- designing, piloting and evaluating interventions that intervene earlier to fill crucial gaps in the services system including related to adolescent family violence and child sexual abuse prevention
The Men’s Project builds on Jesuit Social Services’ over 40-year engagement with boys and men in trouble.
About the role
The Men’s Project is seeking a General Manager – Program Implementation, Research and Evaluation – to manage a broad range of activities including end-to-end operations of our priority projects including, but not limited to, planning, design, implementation and evaluation.
The role also includes leading our research to better understand attitudes and behaviours, overseeing work to fill gaps in the service system related to addressing adolescent family violence and preventing child sexual abuse and contributing to efforts to build knowledge of what works including through internal evaluation of The Men’s Project’s programs in collaboration with universities. In partnership with the Executive Director of The Men’s Project, the role will also be responsible for identifying and leading the development of tenders, pursuit of philanthropic funding as well as establishing new partnerships to grow existing programs in and beyond Victoria.
In addition, the role includes working with Jesuit Social Services’ Advocacy and Strategic Communications team and leading on the development of policy submissions and other communications, media and advocacy efforts including digital/ social media.
Competitive remuneration, plus salary packaging benefit, is offered together with ongoing professional and career development.
This role will suit a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Well developed stakeholder management skills including demonstrated experience forming and building new relationships particularly with government stakeholders.
- Prior experience leading on the development of a new initiative or in a fast-paced strategic context (e.g. management consulting) will be highly regarded.
- Advanced conceptual and problem solving skills, with some research experience and demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Highly organised with experience in project management and leading and motivating teams of staff/volunteers as well as experience managing budgets.
- An understanding of issues related to men’s health and wellbeing, masculinities, gender equality and the prevention of violence.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of and sympathy with the vision and ethos of Jesuit Social Services.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Successfully completed Police Check to be conducted by Jesuit Social Services prior to commencement.
- Capacity to fulfil reporting and administrative requirements associated with the position.
- Openness to domestic travel
- Current driver’s licence
- Valid Working with Children Check card
- Successful Police Check to be conducted by Jesuit Social Services prior to commencement.
About the organisation
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, Jesuit Social Services has provided services to some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager – Program Implementation, Research and Evaluation via Pro Bono Australia.