About the role
SSI is looking for a self-aware leader, a natural at stakeholder engagement and an exceptional communicator ready to make a difference and continue our journey of growth and success.
Reporting to the General Manager Service Delivery, Community, this role will have complete operational responsibility for Employment services and thrive on leading teams across multiple sites. A strategic leader who will continue to drive growth and performance, ensure high quality service is delivered in line with SSI values and further develop key strategic growth areas for the business.
In this role you will:
- Leadership of the strategic growth of Employment Services area in line with the organisation’s strategic plan
- Develop and lead a high performing team that manages effectively from both a financial and operational process perspective, manages risks and develops high performing, accountable team members
- Lead and manage the Employment teams; determining resourcing, capabilities, budgets, KPI’s, people development and performance management
- Work with Employment Services management team to identify opportunities for improvement. Driving continuous improvement through re-engineering business processes, assessment of people capability and resourcing model, efficiencies in delivery, developing new models and form collaborative internal and external partnerships etc
- Actively build relationships within SSI to benefit clients and participants
- Achieving financial targets, delivering on Business Plan Objectives and Action Plans, delivering on agreed client outcomes, Fulfill contractual obligations without abatement
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships with funders, partners and members, community leaders, community organisations (including multi-cultural and ethno specific), philanthropic groups, government agencies, corporate, peak bodies, media and other NGOs
- Other duties as directed from time to time within your skills range and capacity.
You will be an experienced and passionate leader with appropriate tertiary qualifications and possessing senior strategic thinking and planning skills; including the development of complex business plans and negotiation of contracts and strategic partnerships. You will have experience working in a highly regulated/ legislative sector and proven ability to develop and apply specialist knowledge to new program areas. Experience in government, NFP, corporate and community sectors is a must as is the ability to lead and manage large teams.
If you’re ready to lead a team through the next stage of growth, want to contribute to a strategic direction of the business and be part of an agile community based organisation.. we want to hear from you!
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, influencing government and international affairs and providing thought leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
About the Function
SSI Employment and Enterprises provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways. Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. SSI works with long-term unemployed, newly arrived refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants, young people and people with disability to achieve this.
How to apply
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and are committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
Please apply directly via the link below including a cover letter and resume. Should you be successfully shortlisted, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will be in contact to guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email email@example.com or call Vimla Khoob lall on 02 8799 6700
Please quote in application: Head of Employment Services via Pro Bono Australia.