About the role
We’re looking for a professional Intake and Linkages Coordinator with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a Permanent Full-Time basis, working 38 hours per week based in Broadmeadows.
Initial training will take place in Niddrie.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
This position is responsible for the delivery of the NDIS ECEI approach in the BSL ECEI partner regions. The role will be placed within a team focussing on the needs of children and families, to support children with disability and developmental delay, and their families to identify and access supports required (community, mainstream and funded) to maximise potential and participation in community.
- Provide information and short-term support to families that reflects their needs and links them into appropriate universal and specialist services to meet their child’s developmental needs
- Develop effective strategies to implement and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Build capacity of community and stakeholders to enable others, while managing realistic expectations
Salary will be in the range of $67,693.41 – $72,523.45 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for an who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Relevant qualifications in Early childhood education, Allied health, Social work or similar
- Values in line with the ECEI Best practice principles
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills which have been shown to build effective and supportive relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people with disability and from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in customer facing environments that support or provide service to the community
- Highly developed administration, computer skills and competency in Microsoft Program
Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
Career development opportunities
Leave loading of 17.5%
Flexible working arrangements
Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Belinda Rutledge on 0491 156 175 for a confidential discussion.
To view the position description, please click here.
Applications close: Friday 28 May 2021 at 11:55pm.
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Intake and Linkages Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.