About the role
*FOSTER CARE* TEAM MANAGER – FULL TIME/FIXED TERM (LEONGATHA)
About the role
As the Team Manager you will take a leadership role in the team and provide appropriate levels of line management, supervision, support and training to Social Workers to ensure that high quality practice is an achievable aim for all Social Workers in line with Key Assets Purpose and Pledges.
You will be part of a vibrant, energetic, and highly professional team committed to making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of children and young people.
- Laptop and phone
- On-going professional training and supervision
- Full Time/Fixed Term Maternity Cover Contract – 19 March 2021 to 18 March 2022
- Salary packaging options for Not-For-Profit + vehicle and fuel card
Key Components of the role:
- To take a high profile and leadership role in the staff structure and provide appropriate levels of line management, coaching, supervision, support and training to the Social / Case Workers to ensure that high quality practice is an achievable aim in line with Key Assets Purpose and Pledges.
- Show clear leadership within the team and work in close liaison with the Director, Operations Manager and other members of the local Senior Leadership Team.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skills and expertise in Social Work practice
- Ensure that Social Work Practice in relation to quality assurance and best practice is maintained in all cases and at all times
Experience and Skills Required:
- To demonstrate expertise and commitment to a growing team and the service you will provide
- Bring high energy, enthusiasm and a passion for the role
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a qualified social worker (or equivalent) in a children and family setting of which preferably two years was attained working directly with foster carers and children placed with them.
- Show evidence of leadership and supervisory experience
- Have a strong ability to build sustainable relationships with all stakeholders
- Must have a comprehensive working knowledge of all relevant legislation pertaining to children’s services and of all policies and procedures in relation to Safeguarding children
- You will continue to develop effective partnerships with the Department of Health and Human Services as well as developing networks within the sector and with other local community service providers and provide Social Work guidance and support to the team and Foster Carers.
If you feel as strongly as we do, that all children deserve to have access to quality family placements then this is the challenge for you.
For a private conversation regarding this exciting opportunity, please call Simone Carr, Operations Manager on (03) 9566 7800
(KEY ASSETS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW SUITABLE INDIVIDUALS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS CAMPAIGN, THIS CAMPAIGN MAY ALSO BE EXTENDED FURTHER)
KEY ASSETS – THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI 10 year Achievement Award 2010 – 2020,
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Bronze Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017, AWEI Silver Employer Award for 2018, finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017 and Working within a trauma informed, therapeutic framework
- Key Assets is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to achieve good outcomes for children and families.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Foster Care, Team Manager (Leongatha) via Pro Bono Australia.