About the role
Bobby Goldsmith Foundation (BGF) is Australia’s longest running HIV charity, established in 1984. BGF provides support to people living with HIV (PLHIV) of all ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and CALD backgrounds through a range of services including case management, casework, financial advocacy/counselling, health and wellbeing, community support and alcohol and other drugs programs.
BGF prides itself on being agile and adapting to the changing needs of the people they support to ensure their services remain relevant and accessible, are delivered in areas of geographic need, and include the provision of services to clients who are supported by NDIS and My Aged Care packages.
Benefits & Culture
- Make a significant impact on the lives of PLHIV
- Equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe, inclusive workplace
- Opportunity to be part of a community of like-minded individuals
- NFP salary packaging available, laptop and mobile phone provided
Reporting to the CEO, and as a key contributor within the BGF executive leadership team, you will provide strategic leadership to develop, drive and implement relevant and innovative solutions across human resources and other operational areas.
Specifically you will:
- Ensure the ongoing development of a strong organisational culture
- Project manage the sourcing and implementation of a new HRIS
- Manage and lead staff development and performance processes
- Ensure compliance with employment conditions and relevant legislation
- Oversee all HR functions – D&I, Rem & Benefits, WHS, L&D and recruitment
- Provide leadership to a small team of administrative / operations staff
Note: this position is offered four days per week.
You will be a well-rounded P&C generalist/experienced HR professional with the capacity to drive strategy, but also be prepared to be hands on. You will be required to oversee broader operational functions, including risk management, fleet management, facilities, procurement, insurances etc.
Additionally will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant disciplines, ideally with a post-grad qualification
- Knowledge of contemporary P&C practice and an interest in emerging technologies
- Excellent attention to detail, clear communication skills and the ability to make effective decisions
- The ability to influence, negotiate, counsel and mediate at all levels of an organisation
- Project management experience
- Strong understanding of Industrial Relations
- The emotional intelligence required to exercise extreme confidentiality and sound judgement with integrity in all situations
If working as part of a multi-disciplinary team that makes a significant impact on the lives of PLHIV is important to you, please submit your current CV along with a cover letter addressing the skills required section above and tell us why you think you would be the right fit for BGF and the role.
BGF is an EEO employer and encourages people living with HIV, people from the LGBTIQ+ communities, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in particular, to apply.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Manager / Director – People, Culture & Administration via Pro Bono Australia.