About the role
We are currently looking for a highly driven professional who is looking to make an impact through marketing of goods for sale from our network of artisans in developing countries.
You will use storytelling to promote both the products and the work of The Leprosy Mission Australia. You will be responsible for developing digital and print catalogue as well as blog articles and compelling social media content that effectively engages with existing and new customers.
Working in a fast-paced environment as part of a small team, you will need an ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions within established frameworks.
Areas of focus
Working with our Product Developer you will undertake market research on both product and competitors to accurately plan the product categories. Once secure you will develop the product catalogue for distribution ensure clear and effective branding and messaging. In addition, working alongside the procurement team to ensure that resource levels are maintained, and revenue targets are being achieved.
Key Criteria of the role
- Coordination of campaigns using product catalogues working closely with Product Developer
- Storytelling, writing for the catalogue, blog articles, website and social media platforms
- Marketing of products with compelling product descriptions, enhancing the TLMA brand proposition
- Market research, product monitoring and reporting
You will possess
- Tertiary education or equivalent experience in a marketing role or similar position
- Ability and experience in retail or mainstream marketing, including campaign coordination
- Experience in social media and digital marketing techniques including knowledge of Google, Facebook, and Instagram advertising
- Creative writing skills with an ability to integrate fundraising techniques to tell compelling stories
- Understanding of email marketing and Google Analytics
- Ability to think creatively outside the box to come up with imaginative solutions within the established frameworks
- Display attention to detail and versatility in handling competing priorities simultaneously
- An understanding of the not-for-profit sector and social enterprise
- And understanding and appreciation of the Christian based beliefs and the vision, mission and values of TLMA
About the organisation
We are a leprosy-focused Christian organisation that works internationally, a key global player in the fight against leprosy. We are a Global Fellowship comprising Members from across the world.
We work with people of all faiths and none to bring about the defeat of leprosy and transformation in the lives of those affected, partnering with the local church and other stakeholders.
Through resourcing and supporting our global networks, our mission seeks to bring about transformation; breaking the chains of leprosy, empowering people to attain healing, dignity and life in all its fullness.
Through resourcing and supporting our global networks, our mission strives to break the chains of leprosy, empowering people to obtain healing, dignity and life in all its fullness. A key function of our resourcing and fundraising activities is the sale of products and merchandise sourced globally from a network of artisans in developing countries through ethical Fair-Trade practices.
Your remuneration package that is designed to reward you for your efforts whilst being true to our mission includes generous super with access to not for profit salary packaging benefits so you can boost your take home pay.
The Leprosy Mission Australia offers
- generous super of 11%
- attractive not for profit salary packaging program (with up to $18,550 of your salary tax free, depending on personal circumstances https://salary.com.au/available-benefits)
- Flexible working arrangements and working from home options
The role is full time 37.5 hours per week.
TLMA has a zero-tolerance policy towards any abuse, neglect and exploitation to all people. It is a requirement to sign and comply with all TLM organisational policies, including the Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a recent National Police Check certificate.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing Coordinator – Merchandise via Pro Bono Australia.