About the role
We are in need of an energetic and multifaceted staff member to join our small team for immediate start.
The Office Administrator will provide administrative support within our small office team
Tasks & responsibilities
- Provide administrative support across multiple and varying stakeholders, including booking team meetings and coordination of training, and mail management.
- Reception duties including first point of contact for clients, callers, and visitors.
- Procurement and management of merchandise, stock, and office supplies.
- Logistics support including ordering, stock receipt/dispatch, stock controls, fleet management and estate management.
- Document and database management, Calendar management, and ad hoc appointment scheduling.
- Provide recruitment and HR support as required. Manage and reconcile expenses as required. Assist the Finance Team with weekly Invoices, payments, and reconciliation.
- Prepare and format corporate documents.
- Assist with all fundraising activities and events, including outside of business hours. Coordinate general volunteer enquiries received (phone, email/online, mail). Maintain the volunteer contact database. Prepare Volunteer roosters for functions
Qualifications & experience
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills and an ability to prioritise work tasks.
- Demonstrated high accuracy.
- Well-developed communication skills (written, verbal and listening) including high level telephone techniques to liaise effectively with patients.
- Proficient with MS Office products, survey tools and database management.
- Confident liaising with people at all levels in an engaging, friendly and approachable manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive matters diplomatically and discreetly while showing empathy at all times.
- The successful candidate must possess the right to work in Australia, must have a working with vulnerable people card, and be willing to undergo a Criminal Background Check as a pre-requisite to employment.
- Full Driver’s License.
About the organisation
Rise Above – Capital Region Cancer Relief, provides financial assistance and support to cancer patients and family residing with them within the ACT, Queanbeyan and surrounds. A charitable not-for-profit organisation, the group relies on fundraising, community partners, the generosity of businesses and the local community, to meet the needs of the increasing number of families that require our assistance. Rise Above aims to support cancer patients and their families through the provision of financial assistance, which specifically addresses the cancer patient’s medical prognosis/treatment program. Each case is treated on its merits at the time of application.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Office Administrator via Pro Bono Australia.