About the role
Wayss is the largest provider of housing and family violence services in the South East Melbourne area. It exists so people can live a life free from family violence and have access to safe, sustainable and affordable housing.
The organisation is currently undergoing a significant period of growth, having recently become a partner in The Orange Door, Southern Melbourne area (opening October). To continue to deliver the wonderful work that it does, the organisation now seeks an Operations Manager – Family Violence.
A newly created role, the Operations Manager, Family Violence is accountable for the operational management of all family violence services based at Wayss and within the Orange Door, Southern Melbourne Area.
Reporting to the General Manager, Client Services, responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the implementation of Wayss services at The Orange Door, ensuring they are fully embedded, meeting funded targets and optimally connected with family violence and housing services delivered at Wayss service locations.
- Managing the transition of family violence functions and staff to The Orange Door and the corresponding transformation of services delivered from Wayss.
- Providing effective leadership of Wayss Family Violence services, including representation of Wayss as an Orange Door partner at the Hub Leadership Group.
- Ensuring effective resourcing and management of family violence service delivery.
- Ensuring all family violence workers receive regular practice supervision and that professional development and performance appraisal systems are in place.
- Designing and leading the implementation of an operational plan, including managing structural and practice changes to align with service priorities.
To be successful in the role you will need to have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social or Behavioural Science, Psychology or another relevant discipline at degree level or above, and a relevant qualification in management and leadership.
- Expert knowledge and experience working in specialist family violence services in a leadership capacity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the family violence service system and of relevant government policy reforms and initiatives.
- Experience leading others to manage the implementation of change.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing multi-layered projects in a community services setting.
This role is a full-time, permanent position. A competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate, based on their skills and experience. The package will include very generous leave provisions (including 5 weeks annual leave and 17.5% annual leave loading) and access to attractive PBI/NFP salary packaging arrangements.
If you have exceptional skills in the above areas and are looking for a new and exciting challenge, please make an application by clicking the ‘Apply’ tab below to submit your resume in Word format. To confidentially discuss this role further, please feel free to call Barry Vienet from Johnson Recruitment on (03) 9946 7321.
Johnson Recruitment actively embraces diversity in the workforce through inclusive community representation of gender, culture, thought, and work arrangements.
This is a retained, exclusive assignment and any direct applications or referrals will be forwarded to Johnson Recruitment.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Operations Manager - Family Violence via Pro Bono Australia.