About the role
Reporting to the GM, Practice, Quality and Safeguards you will:
- Support the implementation of a positive behaviour support framework across Melba, with a focus upon the protection, maintenance, and upholding of human rights, and ensuring that where restrictive interventions are identified they are used only if necessary and least restrictive, and that a Positive Behaviour Support Plan demonstrates a focus on their reduction and elimination that is proven over time.
- Further develop and lead a team of positive behaviour support practitioners to undertake functional behaviour assessments and develop individual positive behaviour support plans that include best practice holistic strategies, focused on improving the person’s quality of life, and that take into consideration the context in which any behaviours of concern occur, and the environments in which the person lives.
- Provide training and support to empower and enable direct support professionals to implement positive behaviour support plans and strategies. Keep abreast of new strategies, technologies and provide recommendations for improving service provision.
- are a natural leader; modelling a positive attitude, professional conduct and unwavering commitment to contemporary positive behaviour support for individuals with disability
- possess a strong grasp of contemporary positive behaviour support
- Can demonstrate ability in the implementation of positive behaviour support (at the level of specialist or advanced of the incoming NDIS PBS practitioner capability framework), including:
- Experience in the completion of functional behaviour assessments
- Broad understanding of positive behaviour support strategies and experience in the development of positive behaviour support plans
- Proven ability and experience in training, empowering and enabling people to work within a positive behaviour support framework
- enjoy working with a high performing group of colleagues and peers and accept responsibility and accountability.
- are an articulate, clear communicator with a high level of literacy.
- are self-motivated, well organised and resourceful.
- possess a high level of integrity, passion and reliability.
- are an advocate for independence with a human rights focus
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Outcomes Specialist - Positive Behaviour Support via Pro Bono Australia.