About the role
Do you love finding the right people for the right roles? Are you passionate about creating an engaging employee experience? Are you energised by people and able to design innovative solutions to complex problems? Why not join the Compassion team and be part of our mission to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
About the role:
The People & Culture Partner (Talent Specialist) contributes to the effective delivery of our strategic goals by ensuring that we have the right people for the right roles. Operating as part of a generalist HR team with a focus on talent, the People and Culture Partner (Talent Specialist) is responsible for recruitment, engagement, diversity and inclusion practices, and the employee experience through our onboarding and offboarding processes.
You will work closely with our people managers to develop recruitment and succession strategies, source top talent in a highly competitive market and maintain a focus on excellent candidate and employee experience. You will also be empowered to innovate on our recruitment and other people practices so that our team and organisation goes from strength to strength.
- Contribute to strategic workforce planning, including the strategy and process for engaging volunteers
- Partner closely with managers to develop recruitment and succession strategies with an emphasis on inclusive hiring practices
- Source and recruit top talent in a highly competitive talent market
- Manage candidates through Compassion Australia’s hiring process, maintaining a focus on excellent experiences for both candidates and hiring manager
- Develop, maintain and monitor HR metrics that report on the effectiveness of recruitment and retention practices
- Innovate to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our people systems and processes
- Commit to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, including participation in activities that contribute to organizational culture.
- Support managers in the off-boarding process
- Identify and lead application of best practice for identifying and engaging talent, including coaching of People Managers.
- Provide effective HR service delivery to staff and People Managers
- Assist with general HR duties as required.
Job Specific Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications, Experience:
- 3 years of recruiting experience in an agency or corporate setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Generalist HR experience desirable
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and succeed in an environment with competing demands
- Ability to handle relationships with candidates and partners with empathy and to work in a team environment
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Strong business writing skills (policy, procedures, management briefings, reports etc.)
- Experience in the For-Purpose Sector preferable but not essential
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management or related discipline, or equivalent experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a people person who is energised by innovating people practices, and wants to broaden their experience as a part of a generalist HR team.
To find out more, click “Apply Now” to download the information pack. If you have any questions, reach out to our People and Culture Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial chat.
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty. Our work is Christ-centred, child focused, and church based.
Applications will close on 21st June 2021.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: People & Culture Partner (Talent Specialist) via Pro Bono Australia.