About the role
- Provide strategic and operational leadership in a leading Not-For-Profit organisation
- Collaborative team environment and great workplace culture
- Part-time applicants will be considered
A generalist role providing support, developing and implementing all aspects of Unison’s Human Resources (HR) and Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) functions.
If you are looking for a career-enhancing role with a friendly and professional work environment where your contribution is valued, then we would love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Director Corporate Services, you will work closely with the Executive team to drive people related strategies and provide operational advice. This position will require you to engage with a variety of stakeholders to develop and implement strategies, plans, programs and policies to successfully support the objectives of the business.
You will possess a can-do attitude, strong work ethic and the highest levels of professional integrity
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage end-to-end employee lifecycle processes;
- Provide advice on and assist management with interpretation of industrial instruments and employee/industrial relations issues;
- Establish and implement Unison’s employee development and retention program;
- Oversee implementation of OHS management system and ensure compliance and best practice.
- Provide Knowledge and expertise in HR strategy and workforce development
- 5+ years’ experience in an HR role with leadership experience (Experience within the non-profit community sector desirable).
- Tertiary qualifications in HR
- Proven expertise in workplace relations, including the ability to interpret awards, agreements and contracts, complemented by a thorough understanding of current employment legislation
- Ability to show initiative, be a self-starter and work autonomously
- Be able to liaise professionally and confidently with stakeholders
- High regard for confidentiality and eexceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft programs
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Ongoing, Full-time position (part-time option available)
- Annual Remuneration package of $110k (including super and annual leave loading)
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging of up to $15,900 tax free
- Supportive working arrangements
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program for independent and confidential counselling
About the organisation
Unison is a not for profit organisation that provides a diverse range of housing services across Victoria, including social housing, affordable housing, private rental, transitional housing and owners corporation services.
We believe that affordable housing is the foundation on which to build a life of value, but that a good life takes more than just housing. A good life takes place in a community.
We provide affordable housing, and work to reduce disadvantage and social exclusion for people who have previously been homeless, by helping to create communities around them. Unison also assists over 3500 people each year who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
How to apply
- For a full Position Description and instructions on how to apply, please visit the careers page of our website unison.org.au and send your application addressing the key selection criteria to: email@example.com
- This position will commence immediately, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We will review applications as they come in so if you meet the requirements of this role, please APPLY immediately.
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
Unison is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQ+ communities and those living with a disability to apply.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be advised of the application outcome.
*** Recruitment Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Unison People team. Your respect for this process is appreciated.
Please quote in application: People Manager via Pro Bono Australia.