About the role
The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, the Florey, is the largest brain research centre in the southern hemisphere and amongst the top three brain research institutes in the world.
The Florey is home to medical researchers working on diseases including stroke, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and motor neurone diseases, depression and addiction. The Florey strives to discover the secrets of the brain with a quest to prevent illness, advance treatment and bring to light cures, imaging technology and conducting population studies.
Benefits & Culture
- Respectful, collaborative, high performing team
- Best practice philanthropy and fundraising programs
- Optimal environment encouraging personal and professional growth
- Attractive remuneration, salary packaging, generous super and other benefits
The philanthropy executive is a key contributor to the $10m annual fundraising target, working across a small and highly skilled team engaging with bequestors, philanthropists, major and mid-range individual donors including supporting retention events, appeals, renewal and prospecting programs. You will also;
- Manage the Florey Annual Public Lecture series working with community groups
- Co-develop and disseminate digital and print materials for key communications
- Develop internal briefings on prospects and donors
- Source stories internally, liaising with research staff for presentations and events
You have a track record in achieving revenue targets in non-profit, charity or medial/tertiary fundraising. Ideally you have operated broadly across a portfolio of programs but importantly you have worked with internal stakeholders in the development of high-net-worth individual and executive donors. You also have;
- Analytical skills and the ability to apply strategic and creative thinking.
- Organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maturity, tactfulness, good judgement and the ability to handle confidential information with discretion
If you are passionate about developing a philanthropic portfolio that funds lifesaving medical research please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required section above and tell us why you would love to work at The Florey quoting reference 722123. Alternatively, please contact Natalie Brooker on 03 8080 8977.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Executive via Pro Bono Australia.