About the role
Tell me about the role
Reporting into the Head of Corporate Partnerships and Fundraising, this new and exciting role will be responsible for leading, developing and implementing strategies that build and create successful relationships with philanthropic trusts and foundations (including Private Ancillary Funds) and major donors to drive revenue growth for headspace.
We are seeking an experienced, well networked and dedicated relationship fundraiser, with a deep commitment to the work of headspace and our role supporting the mental health and wellbeing of young people.
What we’re looking for
- Degree level qualifications in Business, Sales, Sustainability, Social Impact, Fundraising, Marketing or related field – or equivalent experience.
- More than five years’ experience in philanthropy and major gift fundraising, with a demonstrated track record of success across trusts and foundations, PAF’s, major gifts, and Gifts in Wills.
- Ability to build deep relationships with diverse stakeholders, make asks and raise significant funds.
- High level written communication skills and expertise in crafting compelling and relevant proposals, including strong skills in grant writing and acquittal and report management.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate, be persuasive, and be a compelling presenter that develops trust and maintains strong working relationships.
- Ability to be self-motivated, responsive, and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities.
- Financial management experience.
- Advanced computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
The finer details
In return headspace offer a flexible and dynamic environment where you have the opportunity to truly make a difference to young Australians, in a highly engaged workplace culture.
About the organisation
Established in 2006, headspace is a well-recognised, national not-for-profit organisation making a difference to the lives of young people aged 12-25 years. To learn more about headspace and the services we offer, visit headspace.org.au.
How to apply
Click on "Apply Now" and upload your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for this position. For a confidential discussion, please contact Lyndsey Walker at Six Degrees Executive on 8613 3518
To be eligible for this position you must have the right to live and work in Australia. A Working with Children Check (or State/Territory equivalent) and a Police Check are required for this position.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role and all current vacancies.
headspace is committed to being a child safe and child friendly organisation that recognises, respects and promotes the rights of children, young and vulnerable people.
Six Degrees are the retained partner for this assignment. All direct applications will be forwarded to Six Degrees for review.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.