About the role
The Sunrise Project
- Team: Operations
- Grade: Level 5
- Salary: A$79,300 – A$100,300, plus 12.5% superannuation.
- Location: Australia (ideally Sydney, Melbourne or Newcastle)
Closing: 11:59pm, 13th Jun 2021 AEST
About The Role
Sunrise works in close partnership with a relatively small number of large, sophisticated foundations in Australia and globally. This collaboration is led by senior strategists who require support to create and project manage proposals and reports as well as managing information flows. This isn’t a typical fundraising role and you won’t be responsible for securing funds. Rather it is an important support role responsible for coordinating the support those senior leaders require in their efforts to amongst other things develop high-quality funding proposals, reports, and other donor-facing materials d and secure administration of all aspects of our donor engagement. To do your job well, you’ll be working closely with our executive team, Program Directors, and with some of the largest foundations in the world on the most important moral issues of our time.
This role is one part project managing all of the above and one part pulling together, reviewing, and editing proposals and reports.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of three years relevant experience;
- Excellent editing & writing skills with the ability to organise and present complex information in simple ways;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills;
- Experience developing and implementing efficient and effective systems for managing complex
- information flows;
- Excellent time management and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience with financial management reporting
- A passion for action on climate change and a commitment to social justice;
- Project manage the production and delivery of compelling funding proposals that clearly articulate complex, multi-dimensional strategies both in written and visual forms;
- Project manage the production of compelling narrative reports that demonstrate the impact of our work as well as financial reports, our annual donor report, and annual review;
- Capture and curate our stories to highlight program and organisational wins so they can be readily shared;
- Coordinate with multiple domestic and international donors with ad hoc information requests;
- Take ownership of developing and maintaining the necessary systems to support this coordination; and
- Coordinate execution of contracts and grant agreements, and ensure the organisation is complying with its contractual obligations to donors.
You may or may not have worked in fundraising but you know a good pitch when you see one. You’re a great writer and communicator, skilled at bringing clear structure to complex narratives, and with a knack for making the complicated simple. You’ve got a track record of project managing the production of high-quality reports on deadline and are experienced at facilitating the right input at the right time from a wide range of stakeholders. You’re exceptionally well organised with your time and information and are skilled at putting in place information management and administrative systems for others to use. You’re a pro-active organiser of people who is comfortable with wrangling senior staff and working with a high level of autonomy.
About the organisation
Driven by a passion to solve the climate crisis, The Sunrise Project is a team of experienced change-makers, researchers and communications professionals with a mission to scale social movements to drive the global transition beyond fossil fuels. With programs and staff in Australia, and affiliated programs and staff in Europe, and the US, we have developed a unique model of grant making and campaigning that supports networks of organisations to drive powerful change towards our mission.
We have a dynamic and nimble organisational culture and we’re serious about supporting our people to thrive. We move fast and lean into the urgency of the climate challenge.
We believe that a diversity of experiences and perspectives will help us build stronger strategies, teams and movements. We strongly encourage First Nations people, people of colour, people living outside of cities, and people living with a disability to apply. We are continually working on becoming a better workplace for everyone. You can read our commitment to this work here.
How Sunrise supports staff
The Sunrise Project is committed to creating a workplace that supports our staff to do their best work and develop professionally. We have the following in place to help us achieve that:
- Superannuation contribution of 12.5%
- Four weeks annual leave with leave loading of 17.5%
- Birthday leave (if it’s your birthday, you get a day off)
- Cultural leave
- 12 weeks parental leave after 12 months of service
- Commitment to supporting to your professional development
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Coaching and management support with regular 1:1 meetings
- Performance reviews and feedback to support you and the team to reflect and grow
- A co-developed initial 3 month work plan to help you hit the ground running and have clarity on your role and responsibilities.
- Flexible work policy
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Manager & Editor, Grants Administration via Pro Bono Australia.